Check this Dart Sport concoction out! Pretty cool looking mash up :-) (Craigslist)

-

1970dartcustom

of the Moore clan
Reaction score
RARE 1 OF 1 - 1967/1974 Dodge Dart Sport w/440BB

A mixture of a 74 Dart Sport with a 67 Dart front end... Kinda cool!

Whatchyall think?

dartsport.jpg

dartsport2.jpg

dartsport3.jpg

It is not a bad idea. The 73-76 front end styling is not the most attractive of the A body cars.
The problem with this car is the quality of everything. It all looks like the work of a sloppy, unskilled owner with low standards. The flat black on the body looks to be from Krylon cans or something similar. The black grille may have been in style in 1986 but it is no longer 1986. Side marker lamps on the rear but not the front?? No time to vacuum the carpet before pictures?
A 440 A body can be fun. I can appreciate the 67-72 front sheet metal change too. I once put a 68 Dart front end on a 73 Dart Sport just to see how it looked. Since the fenders are basically the same except for the marker lamps, minor mods can make it look like a factory job.

Summer 2013 114.JPG

I don't like it.
Not because of the '67 front end specifically, but the car overall.
The paint scheme sucks, the interior is sloppy, and the wheels do nothing for the car.
However, the 440 is a good choice IMHO and the price isn't bad for what you're getting..........
Why doesn't it have a battery hold down at least? (That's one of my pet peeves)

It is not a bad idea. The 73-76 front end styling is not the most attractive of the A body cars.
The problem with this car is the quality of everything. It all looks like the work of a sloppy, unskilled owner with low standards. The flat black on the body looks to be from Krylon cans or something similar. The black grille may have been in style in 1986 but it is no longer 1986. Side marker lamps on the rear but not the front?? No time to vacuum the carpet before pictures?
A 440 A body can be fun. I can appreciate the 67-72 front sheet metal change too. I once put a 68 Dart front end on a 73 Dart Sport just to see how it looked. Since the fenders are basically the same except for the marker lamps, minor mods can make it look like a factory job.

View attachment 1715040809
yes, I didn't notice the lack of side markers on the front, would help it all to blend for sure...

yes, I didn't notice the lack of side markers on the front, would help it all to blend for sure...

'67's didn't have side markers. Nothing happened except that owner didn't delete the '74 rear side markers. I mean, he should delete the rears so it would match, but whatever. Doing that right requires welding, so, not everyone can do that. On the bright side, if the current owner can't weld then he probably didn't screw the car up with a bunch of crappy welding.

As for the rest of car, come on! Bunch of whiners. Dirty interior? Man that's hard to fix. I can't imagine spending 10 minutes to vacuum the car (yes the owner should have done it.) But seriously, I can work a vacuum, fixed. Cars in gray primer always look like crap. I've seen cars in crappy gray primer that were in far better condition than some of that bondo sculptures I've seen wearing shiny new paint and looked spectacular until the bondo fell off the rust it was slapped over in big fat chunks. I mean, maybe it's a bondo sculpture, maybe not, but in primer like that you have to see it in person to know for sure.

Whatever. It's not a $8k car, that's pretty clear. But for 5 or 6k it would be a heck of a lot of fun with a 440. And I'd rather have a crappy looking driver than some trailer queen anyway. Show cars are dumb. Hell my Duster has rattle can black primer on it in a few spots right now, works great, drove it to work today. Don't care.

My point was that if the guy is too lazy to clean the car, what other easy things has he taken short-cuts with?

Maybe he didn't take the steps to make it look as "real" as possible because he wasn't trying to pass it off as real, and adding marker lights was way low on the list.

I would drive the wheels off this

-
Back