Check this out got a real good Deal... Viper 6 speed

-

44070Swinger

Reaction score
I Had a friend that owed me a favor and he has 3 of these
so he gave me a screaming deal on one of them. :banna:

I'm gonna start building a 372 fuel injected 340 stroker for my 68 GTS clone. As soon as its finished I would like to take this car on the Hotrod Power tour and the viper 6 speed will be a blessing.

I dont have a problem w/ trans tunnel mods at all,what I want to do is modify this car to the 20th century technology ie.. suspension, ignition, fuel injection, and up-date the interior but nothing too radical. I'm going with the scatter shield, the placement of the shifter is darn near what the factory A-bodies are SO that being said. I wonder if anyone can make a shifter can stuff under the A-body 4 speed console W/O cutting it up. I am looking to build THEE perfect cruiser w/ this car and I have a set of 3:55 and 3:23 for the 8 3/4.

My 70 Is comming to a finish and the 511 is a bit too radical for constant street driving, the 68 Is going to be the cruisin marchine this is gonna be RELLY FUN AND EXCITING CAR TO BUILD

f003d505.jpg

efe99d91.jpg

I would consider putting 5.9 Magnum R/T top end on the motor including fuel injection. It should be a fairly simple conversion using the harness and computer. It may also work well with the trans being it probably has a speed sensor on it for a computer.

!! can you use the shifter out of the vehical the trans came from.
Find another one then mod that shifter in there. shortin or lenthen,just keep the rack. :drinkers:

340mopar said:
I would consider putting 5.9 Magnum R/T top end on the motor including fuel injection. It should be a fairly simple conversion using the harness and computer. It may also work well with the trans being it probably has a speed sensor on it for a computer.

Thats a good Idea

With that 6 speed you should be able to run down the highway at a good RPM with 4.10 gears!

halfaed said:
With that 6 speed you should be able to run down the highway at a good RPM with 4.10 gears!

I have beem hearing conflicting thories on what gear I should run, My machinist says 3:55 max so I can utilize that MASSIVE 1st gear :) but on the other hand I'll never see 6th at all............ And to throw a wrench ito the issue the Viper has a 3:08 rear gear.

I would LOVE to run the 4:10s but I'd be shifting out of 1st 1/4 of the way through the intersection. This gear selection is gonna DRIVE ME NUTS!!!!!!

-
Back