Check this out : homemade spool !!

-

68darrt

Reaction score
my dads buddy who is an old racer gave me bunch of old centresections for an 8 3/4, i was looking at them, and this one caught my attention. It has no posi, but the spider gears are just arc welded together to form a very primative spool!!! I think its pretty cool and neat to see what racers back in the old days did for racing 8)

oh, and a quick question about the actual centre section itself, when i was looking for a casing number, i couldnt find one, its just blank were i have usually seen it. Also the ring gear has the chrysler penta star logo on it, and i always thought that they didnt bring that logo out until late 70's when they didnt put 8 3/4 in cars anymore??

IM000344.jpg

IM000355.jpg

IM000336.jpg

A bunch? Have you see what center sections are going for on eBay? Good score!

hey ya does anyone know what kind of case it could be, the only stamping on it is the "8 3/4" stamping in the last picture. im thinking it could possibly be a direct connecton peice?

look on the outside of the pumpkin behind the driveshaft yoke.should be a series of numbers followed by 741, 742, or 489. they are there.may need to get a wire brush.but it appears that it is pretty clean.

-
Back