cheerleaders??

-
You mean more like .05 cents a bale, and sometimes 3 cents and that was 3-5 cents stacked in the hay barn and not just picked up out of the field.
I used to do this in the summer, for extra cash after my Dad and I we were done getting the winter firewood supply. (about 12 split cords)
I was a happy boy when Dad built a wood splitter, because it took me weeks to split that much wood working on it every day after school with a splitting maul and wedges.

I was even happier when he bought me my first chain saw at 13, because before that it was my job to clear the limbs with a double headed axe while he cut rounds.
Try giving a 13 year old a chainsaw for his birthday these days. :D

My parents bought me an set of torches for Christmas when I was 13.
Its a wonder I did not burn the garage down as a kid, still have them.
Dad to this day does not know how to light them, I really don't think they understood what they bought me at the time.

Oh and the two worst jobs I can think of is putting up hay, and roofing a house.

Very true I myself farm because I was raised farming and love what I do. It is hard to explain to some one that has never farmed.

It's funny because I've been helping my neighbor for the past 3 years square bailing. I also help harvest (potatoes were a pain) and if they aren't working my kids are out there too. Moving down south was the best move I ever made.

years back Paul Harvey read a poem on some TV program, might have been the superbowl????? entitled something like " and so there was the farmer"/ or similar.

i'm not "puter" able to find it and post it, but it pretty well sums up the rural life style. and is really an accurate piece.
I don't put anyone down because they never had the opportunity to live in the country, do work related to the farm or ranch, but I truly wish every American young person or adult that never ad that chance, COULD live a week or two on a farm and participate in the daily life there.

when I turned 16 my mother told me she found me a job. ( I didn't realize I was lookin!???) at the local A & P grocery. every afternoon after school but Mon, and 12 hours on Sat. It taught me a LOT!

It's funny because I've been helping my neighbor for the past 3 years square bailing. I also help harvest (potatoes were a pain) and if they aren't working my kids are out there too. Moving down south was the best move I ever made.

grew up working square bales (the old style), dad was a slave driver to me, he also believed he was saving wire by making the bales longer. 125 lb bales of alfalfa weren`t much fun.

years back Paul Harvey read a poem on some TV program, might have been the superbowl????? entitled something like " and so there was the farmer"/ or similar.

i'm not "puter" able to find it and post it, but it pretty well sums up the rural life style. and is really an accurate piece.
I don't put anyone down because they never had the opportunity to live in the country, do work related to the farm or ranch, but I truly wish every American young person or adult that never ad that chance, COULD live a week or two on a farm and participate in the daily life there.

when I turned 16 my mother told me she found me a job. ( I didn't realize I was lookin!???) at the local A & P grocery. every afternoon after school but Mon, and 12 hours on Sat. It taught me a LOT!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRDaPEaDJ7E"]Paul Harvey - So God Made A Farmer - YouTube[/ame]

No one has mentioned that certain demographics are naturally obese, and prone to all the diseases associated with it. Not that I'm thin, but I am 58. When we get older, we also naturally tend to gain weight.

like I've said, i'm not ridiculing anyone. yes, body types help dictate weight somewhat. i'm just amazed of the general overweight condition of America in general, youth, adults, old farts!! has nothin to do with cheerleaders. but since they are on the local news EVERY fri night as the anchors visit a local game and it shows the cheerleaders in the background, that is why I mentioned them. o k so when I was in h s in the sixties, the cheerleading squad were in pretty good shape!

-
Back