chevelle vs evo

-

duster731

young gun
Reaction score
Man just saw a 06 Evo whoop a 67 chevelle with a 400 cubic inch by 2 1/2 car lengths it was sad to see us American muscle getting beat at are own game:wack:, and after that on the way home in the duster I hit about 120 mph on a highway and a cop comes out in front of me and I slow down immediately cruise along side of his car till I turned on the next street and was home free he didn't pull me over lol :cheers:

LOL! YA gotta be careful with some of these imports and the owners deep pockets, they can really go! The great big stick under his hood is the turbo.

All comes down to how much money you wanna spend.

If I spent the cost of an evo on building up my duster, it would blow the doors off an evo.

This we know. But then again, to each there own. What can ya do? If that tool wants to do his EVO up, then a fool and his money are easy to part. :rock:

funny that its so popular to call the few succesfull importguys tools and fools,it tells me who the tool or fool realy is. some of the most succesfull streetracers on smalltires over here are audis and they are capable of handing a serious reacecar its *** and then some,since they always hook where a 2wheeldrive car has alot of trouble. the tables are usualy turned when the V8 powered racecars has steamrollers out back.

evos however are usualy not that succesfull,they just dont seem to make enough power reliably

Ya if I had about 30k to spend on a muscle car i would rip both tires off the car lol man with 30k we can probably build two or three cars that would whoop ***. Like rumblefish360 said if it wasn't for that turbo he would of got smoked

Evo, the enviro'mental'ists muscle car.

My built slant car would leave 327 cameros off the line and through 2nd cause they could not hook, just shows you don't need a lot of power.

power to tire/hook ratio.LOL

You def do not need to put a lot of money into an evo to smash v8 cars. Awd and a strong *** motor is gonna beat the hell out of most cars at the strip. Im a firm believer in if you love your car and want to build it up do it no matter what it is.

My buddy gets pulled over all the time since joining the import crowd in his 3rd gen rx7. Rarely if ever happened when he used to drive a mustang. I'm positive he'd be in jail if it weren't for that badge he pulls out.
High school, my friend Mike did a 3rd gear rolling burnout right past a cop and got a warning. I did 8mph over and got a ticket. Him: 455 swapped chevy c10, me: STI wing. Lol

I'd love to see that blown duster pull up next to an evo. :tongue9:

I just went to a show on Sat with alot of the tuners and drifters etc.

Talked to alot of the guys about their cars, met some cool dudes really into the drifting sport.

Alot of the cars were 4 cyllinder turbos and enviro friendly, I would not call them by any means.
I doubt if most of them could pass emissions as the exhaust smell was much worse than most muscle cars.
I heard a 4 cyllinder idling like it had a radical, lumpy cam, sounded pretty good actually.

Just a bunch of young kids having a **** load of fun and I could appreciate their enthusiasm because that drifting takes some pretty good driving skills and you could see that alot of work, time and money goes into their cars just like we put into ours.

Saw some high dollar rides and saw some low buck beaters with good drivers behind the wheel.

Saw some hilarious fails, but all in all was fun to see a bunch of kids from every background you could think of all enjoying the sport....not to mention a boat load of honeys in the crowd.

The real pain will come when electric cars like the Tesla get on the track. Kind of like the new roller-coasters with traction drive, though they still must hook up the tires. My guess is that gassers will outlaw them at the tracks, if they haven't done so already. Can't be beat by goosed-up Prius's.

If you want to fight back with small cars, I am sure Fiat will bring something into the Chrysler stable, but won't be an A-body. Regardless, I will still be happily daily driving my old Mopars. No desire to compete.

I don't know about you guys, but I drive my dart not only cause it's fun as hell, but I get more respect than an evo, I get more looks than an evo, and yeah i'm sure an evo could beat me in a race, but when we pull up next to each other and his girl is staring at me, cause she loves the rumble of that American v8 under the hood, that's what I like! Not to mention that the price to fix something on my car will be a hell of a lot cheaper to fix than something on an evo! But I bet if I bolted a supercharger on my motor, It would blow the doors off an evo!

Hell ya I prefer the v8 sound any day like dartkory said we may loose but we get the looks, respect, compliments, and there ladys lol. Sad to say but my other friend with a 72 duster 340 was another victim to the evo by a fender, its all about the hook from the start

I don't know about you guys, but I drive my dart not only cause it's fun as hell, but I get more respect than an evo, I get more looks than an evo, and yeah i'm sure an evo could beat me in a race, but when we pull up next to each other and his girl is staring at me, cause she loves the rumble of that American v8 under the hood, that's what I like! Not to mention that the price to fix something on my car will be a hell of a lot cheaper to fix than something on an evo! But I bet if I bolted a supercharger on my motor, It would blow the doors off an evo!
have you driven a fixed up evo to test this theory of who gets more looks?

Ok i noticed that nobody seemed to comment on the Chevelle. How do we know this wasnt a complete TURD? Just because its a 400 doesnt mean its been mod for performance

It's my friends chevelle I know he has afr heads cam intake slicks and a stall I don't know numbers and that was his first lost

Very good point about the chevy, I not sure about what the hell an EVO is but they made several version of the 400 so who knows what he had in the chevy , and i would think that the chevy must weight about 2 ton.i guess I live in a shell lol.

Mitsubishi evolution (evo) its like a subaru Wrx sti and ny friend has a Ford nine inch rear

I got into it with a new Mitsubishi Eclipse last weekend. Some dude trying to show off for his girl. I was ignoring him, we were in a double left turn lane that turned into a single lane a few hundred feet after the intersection.

I wasnt going to race him but around the corner he nailed it, and i couldnt let him pass me. Dont know what they have in them, but it wasnt a match for a 440.

I have friends with evo's... my ratty primered dart gets more attention. Evo's STI's awd turbo cars are killer at take off. They weigh about as much as a new generation camaro, but without the traction problems, makes them a rocket.

There are also quite a few 10 second EVo's that are 100% street cars and more 11 second ones than you think. They may cost a bunch of money, but you need to give respect where it's due.

although this is not an evo...this is my friends awd eclipse, he is racing at topgun raceway in fallon nv, which has an altitude of 3963ft. it's nice.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x556vpN67u0"]YouTube - Justins 9.9 Fallon[/ame]

-
Back