Chevy Pace Car Catches Fire

-

rklein383

Reaction score
Now that is funny, The Chevy Pace Car catches fire during the Sprint Unlimited Daytona face.

Oh, THAT little thang, LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv5yD_XHO8s"]Pace Car Catches On Fire- 2014 Sprint Unlimited @ Daytona International Speedway - YouTube[/ame]

How many people seen that !! I can't wait to hear what happened :-D

what a lousy driver, with a car on fire the pace car should be running its caution lights no?

The car itself is called the SS but aka the Caprice and this is the car that the police are now buying/drive. I talked with the driver and he states that he started in the old crown Vics then moved the new chargers then the caprice. He then stated "this police pursuit vehicle, or Caprise as the public calls them, runs circles around the crown vics and chargers."

Attachments

• image.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 167
Nothing new, just more new overpriced JUNK, showing its true colors. Look at the cop car above, they had to add a steel real bumper over top of the toy one. For what you have to pay for new cars that is ridiculous.

Nothing new, just more new overpriced JUNK, showing its true colors. Look at the cop car above, they had to add a steel real bumper over top of the toy one. For what you have to pay for new cars that is ridiculous.
You ever hear of a pit maneuver?

This is why those big bumpers are on police cars.[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0IXTfWdFmk&feature=youtube_gdata"]POLICE USE PIT MANEUVER TO STOP THE GRINCH! - YouTube[/ame]

The funny thing about that move is its suppose to kill the engine when done. However it only works on autos and idiots. If driving a stick, just step on the clutch and the engine will still be running.

Yes, I know what a pit maneuver is, but, 90% of a bumper today is soft rubber / plastic with a styrofoam filler. You might think that's great stuff, but I certainly don't. Older cars 80's on back didn't need a fortress around the front end to do a pit maneuver. I backed a 77 Royal Monaco into a telephone pole one day and didn't put a scratch on it. Another time, someone backed into me in a parking, it tore one whole side of her bumper lose so it hit the ground, and there was not a scratch on the Monaco.

-
Back