Chip Foose Liked my car!!

-

67yellowdartgt

Reaction score
He was at Year One this past Saturday and I paid (for charity) to meet, greet and have a picture made with him..We spoke one on one for about 5 minutes about my car and what was done to it..He asked a lot of questions and looked it over with quite a bit of interest..Needless to say, I was pretty damn excited!:blob:

Well can't upload my picture ...It keeps saying download failed and I have even resized the picture :wack:

He was probably thinking I could two tone paint and add some twenty inch wheels to this car.:D

Just kidding sounds like you had a good time!

People can say what they want about the guy. I think he's a cool guy, I talked to him at a car show for about 45 minuets, I was asking him questions, and he was full of information, he didn't hesitate to tell me anything. And I like the fact that he is a hands on guy, meaning he still works on the cars. And not to mention that he can draw like a Mother F@ck&r!

Congrats 67yellowdartgt!

That's awesome!! Congrats man.. A few months back I tweeted a pic of my Dart to chip and he was cool enough to tweet back and tell me that I did a good job. Made my day. I'd love to meet that cat sometime.

Yea chip is a super nice guy. Got a chance to meet him at SEMA several years ago and he was your average humble hotroder who just happens to be a bad *** car builder and legendary designer. That was back when he was doing stuff with Unique Performance which ended going belly up after ripping off tons of people and dragging Caroll Shelby and Chip with them. Bad deal that was.

Foose can sit on it. Boyd Codington was a major turd also. I ran into him at the street rod nationals and he just wanted to kill everyone.

Foose can sit on it. Boyd Codington was a major turd also. I ran into him at the street rod nationals and he just wanted to kill everyone.

So you met Foose as well as Boyd? I have stories from so many people that have met Chip and I cant imagine he would be rude, or impolite to any fan... or fellow car lover..

You mean this guy? I met him a few years ago at the Atlantic Nationals. He stopped and looked at our A-bodies, asked a few questions and just shot the **** for a few minutes. Seemed like a nice guy to me.

Jack

Attachments

• mini-CHIP FOOSE.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 370
Foose is a car guy...never meet him because the line/crowd was to big, but I watched him interact with quite a few. He looked them all in the eye and took interest in the short convesation
Boyd....not so much...

Boyd was an A-hole. I did some phone work at his shop in Stanton..Guy was bitching about MY labor rate to me.."yeah, OK pops...."

I always like the cars boyd did but he never strayed to any the average car guy was into you know real cars not just custom show stuff......Chip has an eye for style and color and how they work to complete a build...

He was at Year One this past Saturday and I paid (for charity) to meet, greet and have a picture made with him..We spoke one on one for about 5 minutes about my car and what was done to it..He asked a lot of questions and looked it over with quite a bit of interest..Needless to say, I was pretty damn excited!:blob:

Well can't upload my picture ...It keeps saying download failed and I have even resized the picture :wack:

if it is the car in your avatar you can just use mine...lol.. Good deal on meet and greet..

Attachments

• Columbus-20120826-00062.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 261
Let me just say that if Foose liked his then mine is not like his.. Mine is just a race car.... Funny thing is we are just 90 miles apart...lol...

67Yellowdartgt I will be at Silver Dollar raceway for some test and tune on the 29th in Reynolds GA... In case you ever come down that way.. It is just a Saturday Test and tune day...

Foose was nicer but he may have been busy I don't know what was going on with him so I guess I shouldn't have said he was a jerk or w/e. Boyd on the other hand was just sitting at a table and looked like he was ready to start killing babies. Its cool if you like his cars or w/e but he seems more to me like a artist than a car guy.

-
Back