Chk Out This 69 Signet!! Post Comando 273

-
There's so many things wrong with that ad I don't know where to begin. I wonder what his defination of "almost no rust" is? What is that in the right quarter? and floor boards? Is it just my imagination or has the inner fenders been patched? Fenderwell headers maybe? Judging by the photo, the engine's probably not even a '69 273 let alone a "commando". The LH exhaust manifold is off a later A-body. I would wager it does not have a factory 727 in it either. Of all the 1000's of A-body's I've seen, I only saw 3 with a factory 727 behind a 318 and none with a 273. I'd pass on this one!
Mark

junk!!!
whats that guy been smokin?
theres nothing "rare" about it, MANY more than 6200 made.
did commandos come with a 2 barrel?
nice rear bumper, otherwise junk

junk!!!
whats that guy been smokin?
theres nothing "rare" about it, MANY more than 6200 made.
did commandos come with a 2 barrel?
nice rear bumper, otherwise junk

I dont think I'd call it junk. Compared to our Canadian cars it's actually pretty clean.

Was the 273 still avaialble in '69? I thought it was 273 in '67, 273 and 318 in '68, and 318 in '69...

Was the 273 still avaialble in '69? I thought it was 273 in '67, 273 and 318 in '68, and 318 in '69...

You are correct.Special order? or maybe very early build date...

1969 was the last year for the 273. The worst part of the car is the pass. inner fender has a piece of sheetmetal pop riveted on the front half and wrinkles in the last half. It's obviously been hit hard on the passenger side, i bet the frame is bent all to crap too. Sadly, it's probably just a parts car now unless you change the frame rail and inner fender at least, and the whole front clip at most.
They made a lot of these cars back in the day, but most of them got used up and scrapped so they are pretty rare today. I think it's worth about $500 in the condition it's in. $800 if it has a 8 3/4 in it.
I sure could use the driver's side fender and the plymouth emblem in the grille for mine though......

-
Back