Christmas Bonus!!!!!

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all. Just had meeting with my boss this morning. He is not much a car guy but knows I have the Swinger that I have been working on. I have told him in the past I wish I had more time to work on it.
Well just to help me out he informed me that I will have more time soon to work on it and that the company would give me a bonus to complete it. :toothy10::toothy10:
He told me that on Jan 3, I should be receiving my severance pay!!!!!!!!!!!! And have plenty of time to get the car done:spiderma:
Great news just before the holiday, don't you think?

More to follow when I calm down I bit from my excitement.:angry7:

Sorry to hear about the job. the timing of this news is just terrible.

Sorry to hear about the job.

You think they would have waited til after Crhsitmas but then I guess it would be very short notice.

Sorry to hear about your "Christmas Bonus", HemiPar. I got the same "bonus" on 12/01 last year, the day after I returned from our Thanksgiving Holiday. Went back to work on May 1 this year. Hope you have quicker and better luck on your search!
Hang in there!!!

Jeff, that really sux!! However, like franktiregod stated, at least you have some notice. I feel for you man. Good luck. L8r

Jim

Thanks all for the words. I do like to look at the positive things. I will now have more time to work on the car. Althou it realy just needs sanded down primer and painted. So with winter here I don't think he will be getting paint soon. I have had the feeling for a few days, but got the offical word today. Good news is, I am retired from the army so I still have money coming in and health care. Wife works. house paid for so no BIG bills to pay. I just can't stand the thought of not getting up in the morning and going to work. Sitting still is just not me. This will take some time for me to get used to, but I don;t entend on it to stay this way. Would not be so bad if it were summer where I could get out and do things to stay busy. Well another plus is now I can have more time on FABO....... More to follow.......

She got cut loose Nov 23rd, no severance and no just cause.. according to my lawyer.
Have to wait to see what the lawyers can work out on that one..

Too bad it's too cold to work on the car... Not that she would anyway..

sorry to hear about the loss of your job, its tough for us all. I hope you can bounce back just as fast as you got knocked down.

I don't understand why employers seem to almost always lay-off just before the holidays.
The least they could do is hold off to the first of the year. It sucks!

Sorry to hear about this. My company announced some cut backs today to our miliage as well as health benifits. My boss is an Ahole. He hired a guy he is paying 10K a month to tell him how to run his company and we are suffering. General consensus is that he is trying to pay his house off early. He also bought his house with company money and uses it as a tax write off. He has his wife in accounts payables so I am sure I am getting screwed that way as well. I am stuck at 50 years old working for him on the lousy base he pays me. I make most of my money on commission. I guess I am lucky to have a job but sometimes I wonder.

Wow, yep she is awfully tough out there right now...Everywhere!! Sad to hear so many are in the same boat right now. My layoff came came Jan 09, 1 month after I took the kids to Cuba for Christmas on the credit card...I felt like we could all use the trip. Now back in college at 42, oh well....

What was your line of work? Best of luck with this. I'm with ya. Hard to stay still. The current cold here has me close to stir crazy. Thank the heavens for garage heaters. Though the metal never warms up like the air does.

Rumble, I work for a company that provides logistic support to the Army. The company is streamlining the operation and a reduction in force. So no chance of a call back.

I know how you feel. At about this time last year I had an injury at work. To make a long story short, After 5 months rehab. I was released back to work. I was laid off that very day. I was thrown away like a broken tool after 16 years of employment. I am still looking for work.

She got cut loose Nov 23rd, no severance and no just cause.. according to my lawyer.
Have to wait to see what the lawyers can work out on that one..

same with me, worked almost a full summer for a mechanic shop and got cut loose as bussiness started to pick up... does that make sense? always did my job to the best of my abilities:angry7:

sometimes it makes you want to go to them and say go :thebirdm: yourself

Man, i hate to hear this.
I feel for you, at least you had some notice, lots of employers don't give you that.
I hope you find another job soon.

Jeff, your attitude under these circumstances is simply amazing and very commendable. It speaks volumes about your character! I doubt if I would share that same outlook if I was standing in your shoes right now.

I wish you the absolute best of luck staying positive as you are now and for every success in the future. Who knows, this may end up opening up a fabulous new door you never knew existed. Hang tough my friend!!! :-D

Sorry to hear this my brother. God will provide. Keep God first in your life and you will be OK.

When I was working for someone else and I got the axe it really hurts your sense of self worth and pride. Sorry to hear of your job loss. Try to turn it into a positive. I was determined to start my own business which I scraped together barely enough cash to do so. Best decision I could have made. Now I control my own destiny. I am working like a dog but I am committed on making this work. Good luck and I will be praying for you.

-
Back