Christmas Gift Help?

-
How about a pneumatic air file. You probably won't use it often, but is nice to have when the need arises.

I also like the ultralight idea posted by BW. Cruising in the air looking for Mopars. Too Funny......:toothy7:

Hell, I never have any trouble coming up with a list for me. The problem I have is getting something for my wife. This girl is to practical. She has no interest in jewelry or perfume, cloths are out of the question they always get taken back, not interested in a day at the spa. One of my relatives suggested plane tickets to somewhere warm. If she wants to go somewhere warm I, I can take her downstairs and turn on the fire place. Still have a few days left to think of something.

Sparky, How about a watch for your wife. Practical, but won't put you in the doghouse like a vacuum.....:sign5: See "doghouse" thread in the joke forum if you haven't already.

I consider it a practical piece of jewelry. You can spend as little or as much as you like. Maybe have the back engraved with a special date or something.........;-)

GT: I've got that stuff hanging on the walls everywhere.

Dartman: Got 2 different kinds of strippers and lots of connectors occupying the bins i have.

BWDart: Ultra light. Not going out like John Denver. My cousin who lives next house down owns a 182 Cessna and my brother is a commercial pilot who flys for the fire fighting effort in the summer so all it cost me is cheap.

Daredevil: Got a 16 X 30 booth with a bunch of lights and it is a down draft with a heated air supply. Just missing the.....AH we've hit on it. I'll just buy it and i'll tell her it's from her to me. A refrigerated airdryer for my paint booth air supply. I knew if we just talked it out.............i'm back . i thought i heard someone pull up outside the shop. Expecting Tony any minute in from Des Moines. I'll check ebay on those air dryers. Thanks daredevil.

Sounds like you've got too much stuff ... send some of the old stuff my way and ask for new repacements!

How about Mopar magazine subscriptions/renewals, powdercoating certificate (from CudaChick of course)

Cheryl: Got the flat board sander.

GT: I've got to get over to meet Leanna soon and can't wait to give her a big hillbilly hug. I'll get MeMike to post a pic when we go. I'll be taking a load for coating when we go. Did i ever tell yall that i feel i'm a blessed individual? In many ways.

I hate to be the one to say it but here goes.............BEER!!!!!!!whats up ya'll can't see the forest thru the trees or what?? B double e........R and of course if you run out it woud be B double E double R U N!!!!

Sparky, How about a watch for your wife. Practical, but won't put you in the doghouse like a vacuum.....:sign5: See "doghouse" thread in the joke forum if you haven't already.

I consider it a practical piece of jewelry. You can spend as little or as much as you like. Maybe have the back engraved with a special date or something.........;-)

Thanks for the suggestion, she has a couple of those she already that
doesn't wear. Hope I'm not making it sound like she is hard to get along with, its the complete opposite. She just thinks it is silly to spend money on things she does not need just for the sake of getting as gift. I just feel bad about not finding some fantastic gift that would knock her socks off, she said the fact that I want to get her something special was a gift in it self. :love7:We are shopping for a new car for her right now, sort of a gift I guess. I'll come up with something soon, she did mention a bird bath for the yard that she saw today, I'll checking on that Monday morning.

Waggin: B...E...E...R? That's a staple around here. MGD of coarse.

Moparker: I like Mopar neighbors. Vic and i are about the size of it here close. There are some guys around here that have nice Mopars but i think they have an occasional sinus problem. You know, the nose in the air syndrome. They call me when they are looking for something because they know if i don't have it, it aint around here but they know that i know where to find it. Dallas is in Roby and MeMike is in Jonesboro. Stans in Springfield. Kevins in Rolla. You guys are welcome anytime.

How did I mis this thread :-D

Small block has everything that has been mentioned
Here is his down draft paint booth and three work bays and 5 cars in safe and warm homes, Blasting cabinet to great storage system, I have never seen his beer supply down, and tool of plenty.
If I could find a 66 barracuda and knew what color Vic is going to pant it
I would put it together for him, But I can not get my hands on one.:angry7:
even for myself.

As for Small Block Hmmmm :dontknow: maybe a new shot glass :toothy10:

This is a tough one, Do you have a 17mm yet ?

cook and fish 1271.jpg

Mike: I just checked. Got lots of 17mm in both sockets and combo wrenches and 2 .17 calibers also. I looked on ebay today and found an english wheel and a planishing hammer that look all so tempting. I also looked at a TIG rig. Never used one but think i would like one. On the shot glass. You have to fill em too often so that's why i use those colored 12 oz. hefty cups. The wife told me not to get her anything but i had to. Got her a Capucino machine today. She'll like it.

You got her a Capucino machine :cheers:

How about a rare duck call, You do collect them don't you ?

After seeing all of the stuff you've got, I've come up with the perfect gift. You need a BIG GUEST HOUSE right next door. Sort of a barracks type thing. Somewhere where all of the rest of us can stay while we bring our projects over so we can work on 'em in your shop!

After seeing all of the stuff you've got, I've come up with the perfect gift. You need a BIG GUEST HOUSE right next door. Sort of a barracks type thing. Somewhere where all of the rest of us can stay while we bring our projects over so we can work on 'em in your shop!
LOL, thats not a bad idea at all!!

64Cuda: Workin on it as we speak. Will add a 40' X 60' on the shop complete with bathrooms. Already have running water so the bathrooms won't be hard so everyone can bunk up there till it gets full of stuff.

64Cuda: Workin on it as we speak. Will add a 40' X 60' on the shop complete with bathrooms. Already have running water so the bathrooms won't be hard so everyone can bunk up there till it gets full of stuff.

I am packing my parts and clothes up NOW.:blob::thumleft::burnout:

I know it's kinda late but I just got this one today. Gives us ladies lots of time to shop for next year!!!

Rules For Buying Men Gifts

Rule #1: When in doubt - buy him a cordless drill. It does not matter if he already has one. I have a friend who owns 17 and he has yet to complain. As a man, you can never have too many cordless drills. No one knows why.

Rule #2: If you cannot afford a cordless drill, buy him anything with the word ratchet or socket in it. Men love saying those two words. "Hey George, can I borrow your ratchet?" "OK. By-the-way, are you through with my 3/8-inch socket yet?" Again, no one knows why.

Rule #3: If you are really, really broke, buy him anything for his car. A 99-cent ice scraper, a small bottle of de-icer or something to hang from his rear view mirror. Men love gifts for their cars. No one knows why.

Rule #4: Do not buy men socks. Do not buy men ties. And never buy men bathrobes. I was told that if God had wanted men to wear bathrobes, he wouldn't have invented Jockey shorts.

Rule #5: You can buy men new remote controls to replace the ones they have worn out. IF you have lots of money, buy your man a big Screen TV with PIP in the corner. He flips, and flips, and flips again.

Rule #6: Do not buy a man any of those fancy liqueurs. If you do, it will sit in a cupboard for 23 years. Real men drink whiskey or beer.

Rule #7: Do not buy any man industrial sized canisters of after shave or deodorant. I'm told they do not stink - they are earthy.

Rule #8: Buy men label makers. Almost as good as cordless drills. Within a couple of weeks there will be labels absolutely everywhere. "Socks. Shorts. Cups. Saucers. Door. Lock. Sink." You get the idea. No one knows why.

Rule #9: Never buy a man anything that says "some assembly required" on the box. It will ruin his Special Day and he will always have parts left over.

Rule #10: Good places to shop for men include Youngstown Iron Works, Lowe's Lumber, Home Depot, John Deere, Penn RV Center, and Wholesale Tire. (NAPA) Auto Parts and Sears' Clearance Centers are also excellent men's stores. It doesn't matter if he doesn't know what it is. "From NAPA Auto,eh? Must be something I need. Hey! Isn't this a starter for a '64 Ford Fairlane? Wow! Thanks!"

Rule #11 Men enjoy danger. That's why they seldom cook. - but they will barbecue. Get him a monster barbecue with a 100 pound propane tank. Tell him the gas line leaks. "Oh the thrill! The challenge! Hey, who wants a hamburger?"

Rule #12: Tickets to a Raiders game are a smart gift. However, he will not appreciate tickets to "A Retrospective of 19th Century Quilts." Everyone knows why.

Rule #13: Men love chainsaws. Never, ever, buy a man you love a chainsaw. If you don't know why - please refer to Rule #8 and... what happens when he gets a label maker.

Rule #14: It's hard to beat a really good wheelbarrow or an aluminum extension ladder. Never buy a real man a step ladder. It must be an extension ladder. No one knows why.

Rule #15: Rope. Men love rope. It takes us back to our cowboy origins, or at least The Boy Scouts. Nothing says love like a hundred feet of 3/8" manila rope. No one knows why.

This is weird :dontknow: I just bought some rope today.
I did knot know why:glasses2: But for $12 dolor's and 40'
I had to bring it home.:idea1:

tn2.jpg

tn3.jpg

-
Back