Chrome Bumpers Plymouth Duster

-

oliator

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am restoring my '74 Plymouth Duster and I am looking for a set of new bumpers. I found several on Summit and other homepages, that is not the problem. What I am asking for is, does anybody have good experiences or knows where the quality and price is good? Because I want to be sure that the bumpers look and fit good and the chrome is in good shape when I order them from the States and ship them to Switzerland.

Thank you in advance and RTFO:headbang:,
Oli

Attachments

• DSC_0913 - Copy.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 549
The best place is tricityplating.com but you might have to pay a core charge if you don't ship your old ones.

or you could got to Auto Metal Direct.com but they are very pricey

Another option could be to have your originals Rechromed if they are straight.

You are right, but when you know how much that's gonna cost in Switzerland you won't consider the rechrome option. I am not in hurry, but I think it's gonna be the cheapest way to get some from your side, I found a set for around 600 bucks. In Switzerland you would pay easily 1500.- for getting one rechromed...:banghead:

If you want bumpers that look and fit good you IMO are going to have to find a set of nice cores here in the states, have them rechromed by a reputable company and then shipped to you. If you are fussy and buy the remakes you may not be happy. I use AIH in Iowa for my rechroming excellent workmenship and the only company that i am aware of that offers a transferable lifetime guarantee. I have chrome parts here that where done by them decades ago and is still excellent! BTW if you are interested cudacrazy67 has a nice front core and may also have a rear

get a hold of fellow member swisswill
he travels between your neck of the woods and mine several times a year and might be able to bring you a set of bumpers as carry on luggage

on a side note, ever been to a hamlet called madetswil?
I got a 3 days suspension from school when I was 16 and took a train out there for a long weekend...good times

Morning,
Thanks for your comments. I am gonna ask TRI City plating and cudacrazy67 and see what they got.
And hey diymirage, I am not gonna ask your fellow but thanks. I don't know him and I am pretty sure that he doesn't want to carry a pair of bumpers for a guy who he doesn't know...I wouldn't either:)
And Madetswil is around 45min away from my place:-D

you'd be surprised how helpful people can be when they find out your part of the not so secret brotherhood of mopar, but I totally understand you not wanting to bother him :)
but since he makes the trip so often he might have the inside scoop on how to ship them (wouldn't really expect him to lug them around himself either)

I don't remember passing through neunkirch when I last made the trip up there, but that was ages ago anyway

you didn't happen to like to hang out and drink with the punkrockers in zurich some 12-13 years ago did you...we may have met :)

Hehe maybe we met each other could be, I am not that big in punk, I like Hardcore more and Metal, but Hardcore and Punk are kinda like sisters. You know what, I am gonna ask your friend maybe hes got an idea. Cudacrazy has a front bumper for me :cheers: hes gonna send me some pictures and when they look good I am gonna buy it, thanks mate. And hey btw, I really like Holland, I think I've been to Holland at least 15 times already:D

punk was just one of my vices back in the day (ive calmed down a bit since)

I remember getting off the train in zurich and seeing the punk rockers hanging out on the boulevard...somehow we were just drawn to each other and they kinda took me in

of course, I wasn't as clean shaven back then as I am now ;)

glad to hear you like Holland, its been a wile since ive been there but im heading back there for 3 weeks tomorrow, going to show my new daughter off to my parents :)

Nice haircut haha:D
I just sent a message to swisswill, maybe hes got an idea too!
RTFO and thanks mate

I've got an update for you guys, maybe somebody else is about to change the bumpers!
I already told you before that it is pretty expensive to get the bumpers rechromed in Switzerland, now I got an offer...please remain seated...2500 Swiss francs for ONE bumper!!! Haha I am not kidding...:banghead:
But now I ordered a pair at http://www.stephensperformance.com/, they sell the core bumper for 200 bucks and rechrome is 400 bucks each, sounds reasonable to me. An other address is http://www.wildcatmopars.com/. So if you are looking for bumpers for a '74 Duster these two addresses will take care about you.

RTFO:glasses7:

-
Back