Chrome Dodge Script on deck lid of 66 Dodge Dart GT

-

66GTDART

Reaction score
During the building of my 66 GT, I’ve had three parts cars all GT’s
plus my original 273 v8 automatic, factory air car. None have had the
Dodge Script on the trunk lid. Was that something one place of manufacture
did that the other didn‘t ?

My 170 post car stripper, go fast model has it. Yet the replacement trunk I picked up does not. I’m also interested to what determined what got it.

The 170 and 270 had the script Dodge on the trunk lid. The GT did not.....it had the finish panel with the DODGE letters in it. It also had DART individual letters on the side of the quarter panel toward the rear, and the GT script on the sail panel.

The replacement trunk I picked up from another 66 has no script or holes for the GT trim panel.

The 170 and 270 had the script Dodge on the trunk lid. The GT did not.....it had the finish panel with the DODGE letters in it. It also had DART individual letters on the side of the quarter panel toward the rear, and the GT script on the sail panel.
Thanks for the information. That makes sense.
Thanks again!

The replacement trunk I picked up from another 66 has no script or holes for the GT trim panel.
I would imagine that a new replacement trunk lid from mother Mopar probably didn't come with any holes at all. Drill whatever you needed for your model.

This came off another 66 that was being parted out. But anything is possible over the last 55 years or so when I bought it. I’ll be adding that script back on. I actually cut that section of the old trunk out to make sure spacing was correct. And scored a nos script about 20 years ago.

none of my GT's have the script, but my non GT does I think it's a trim level thing

-
Back