chrome fender and hood extension?70 dart

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
just wondering if the chrome you see on the edge of hoods an fender extensions on darts was an option? i always thought they were just on 71-72 darts but i juist saw a picture of a 70 340 swinger an it had em on there. i dont see a place to mount them on my 70, and ive seen several 70s w/o them. was it an option or is my car missing something?

I originally thought they were installed on Swingers and Custom Darts only but have seen base models with them As far as a base model with the trim standard don't know.

You can mount them on any 70 Dart, the holes are there, just pull off your head light bezel, they attach behind the head light. Keep in mind 70-71 are different than 1972, 72 had a shallower trim, looks the same outside but is not as deep. The trim on the fenders was made of pot metal, tough to find nice used ones. The hood trim will fit 70-71 but you will have to drill mounting holes inside the hood lip to mount it. The hood trim is made of stainless, can be tough to find without dings but could be restored as well as the outer "eyebrow" mouldings too.

-
Back