chrome ignition box: high voltage at the outside?

-
How far up were they when it went?

I thought about doing that, and then I thought of the Hindenburg, and then I thought of ME

"Wonder if static electricity could set it off while filling it, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???"

How far up were they when it went?

I thought about doing that, and then I thought of the Hindenburg, and then I thought of ME

"Wonder if static electricity could set it off while filling it, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???"

I could only guess, maybe 800 - 1000 feet.
It suddenly diapeared, then the shock wave was visible and somewhere about 4-5 seconds later it sounded like the biggest sonic boom you ever heard. I would compare it to the closest lighting strike I have ever experienced, and that one exploded a pine tree all over us and was about 150 feet away. (except it has WAY more concusion wave than a lightning strike)

And I would suspect that static could set them off under the right circumstances.

FBO Chrome box? We've never made a chrome box? We did have one small run of 24 ECU's about 10 years ago that we rushed through production that had a galvanized type coating.
Yes, as you have discovered you can get a little jolt from putting your fingers where they don't belong.

Don, thanks for the feedback. Ok, so i think the "fbo box" the swiss distributor sold to me in 2011 is a high priced parts store piece......the so called "FBO" coil he supplied also went south in 2012 after 3 month light duty use.

You´d like to see the box to check if it´s one of yours? Unfortunately i threw away the coil.....

Michael

-
Back