Chrome ignition box

-

tekslk

Reaction score
My car has a orange box for dist nothing wrong with mine but i bought a chrome one to troubleshoot with. My question is there much diffrence in these boxes or should i just leave the orange one on?

The chrome and orange boxes are interchangeable. The gold box is not. The chrome one is a bit hotter than the orange one but the gold box is a multi spark box very similar to the MSD. It requires a different harness if I remember right.

Here they all are on the Summit site. You can read about the differences. Their description is incorrect on the gold box.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/.../Mopar-Ignition-Controllers/?keyword=ignition

In general, the blue box is stock. The orange box is for street and street/race up to 6K. The chrome box is for hotter street and race up to 8K and the gold box is the multi spark up to 12K box. Those gold boxes are NOT for street use just like it says. They will actually burn the hell up if they see a lot of low RPM usage like idling around town. They are that hot.

i bought a chrome box for my dart,then ended up putting it on the powerwagon when msd fell in my lap.the chrome box works good the truck starts a little quicker than with the orange box

-
Back