Chrome ignition module vs rev-n-nator

-
Email from RT Garage after my purchase Jan 2014

Some tips to know about your box:

1. We do not recommend vacuum advance but, in some applications its fine. You need to take the time to adjust your dist. Our box has very fast electronics and a digital flywheel that smooths out timing. The vacuum advance " movement " and timing changes as you drive, can interfere with our box. You can plug or dummy application with a bb, if want to keep that stock look. If need more info, give us a call!

2. We recommend tuning first with a basic stock Chrysler box, then install Rev-N-Nator. In Some cases, you may need to retard timing from 2-6 degrees. Some adjustments with timing, if needed, are well worth it. Installation and timing instructions are included but, don't hesitate to call with any concerns!

3. No need to "scuff" paint on Rev-N-Nator ( as any refunds will be voided ) or firewall, for a ground. All that is needed, is using the ground wire already attached to the Rev-N-Nator, which provides a good solid ground! Make sure the ground wire is under head of bolt, not between firewall and box.

4. We highly recommend either Accell, MSD BLASTER 2 coil ( part#8203 or part# 8200) or MSD BLASTER High Vibration Coil (part# 8222) with the Rev-N-Nator. We recommend Accell & FireCore distributors.

5. If you plan on going to the Dyno to set up your Rev-N-Nator, tune everything with basic orange box first, then install Rev-N-Nator. In some cases, you may need to retard timing 2-6 degrees with the Rev-N-Nator. Give us a heads up and we will be available, when your at your Dyno- for any questions or concerns. We do not want anyone to waste their time or money at their Dyno session. We know these boxes inside and out. Everyone is not familiar with how the Rev-N-Nator works. Please call us!

We want to make sure your box kicks butt and looks great at the same time!

Thank You for choosing THE REV-N-NATOR!

not running vacuum advance so thats not an issue.

egine is already tuned to the orange box so ill just keep in mind i need to double check the timing.

im running a taylor cable high vibration coil, not sure how they compare to accel and msd but ill try it and see

My distributor is a vacuum advance and had no prob with the revNator. Engine is a mild 408 stroker 375hp460tq. I also would have bought the distributor RevN all in one package but they didn't have available at the time. Dustin

im running one of trail beasts' distributors. i would of bought the package but dont want to waste money on a new distributor. im sure if trail beasts' distributors hold up to his hei setup than i will have no issues

@Dartsun
@'Cuda_ragtop

Hey guys where is your rev n nator mounted?

Im having a issue with mine, car misses and wont pull at all under throttle, swap orange box back on and no issues,

My box is mounted on the firewall right next to the wiper motor, troy from r/t garage is leaning more towards the box picking up electrical noise from the dizzy and coil.

Any thoughts?

Here is mine.

Ec8IlCKRRYztsQcksVqvKaRJMq8vINwN-T1Hb83cS8Zus1vdtcDE7jfcAXdo7jc45rg2M5wc8k7NWDSw9g=w1369-h770-no.jpg

Rev-n-ator is not bad in some cars, I have tested it, and it made a differance down the track. Gained .10 -.20 on same say day testing. Only problem I had is since my car was rewired with a Painless wire system, it will not start on the start mode. The chrome box starts the car every time. Checked wiring and volts, just something about the rev-n-nator. R/T garage sent me a different one samething.

I just sent mine back yesterday and troy is going to test it and let me know, if it tests bad he will replace it, if it tests good he will refund me, is there a noticeable difference between the orange and chrome box? If he ends up refunding me i will probably buy a chrome one and keep the orange as a spare

Put a rev-n-nator on my car and my chrome box in my tool/spares kit in the trunk. View attachment 1714998280
It idles smoother, starts quicker and runs just a little leaner than the chrome box did. Switched to a Blaster High vibration coil too.
The rev limiter in the rev-n-nator is a nice option too.
To help me & others decide if just the rev box made the difference, did you change out both at the same time? (hopefully not) If not it'd be interesting to see what difference if any just the revenator box itself makes.

To help me & others decide if just the rev box made the difference, did you change out both at the same time? (hopefully not) If not it'd be interesting to see what difference if any just the revenator box itself makes.
I replaced the Chrome Box, Ballast Resistor and Coil at the same time.

I used one of the recommended coils for the Rev-N-Nator.
I used the recommended resistance Ballast Resistor for that Coil.

-
Back