"Chrome" paint use anybody

-

bargeahead

Wishicouldre member
Reaction score
I've seen the tech archive re: bumper done with Killer Chrome and am curious. Has anyone else tried the chrome paint systems whether Killer Chrome, Cosmichrome, Innate, or any others. I just attempted a test piece with Killer Chrome, twice. Base coat ( to gloss ), clear coat ( cured ), chrome paint in a dusted pattern rather than "spraying paint". I ended up with a very expensive piece painted aluminum. Is it me, the product, or combination ?

I tried it the other day also so it is not just you, same deal base, clear, bake twice then wait a couple days and dust coats of killer krome , wipe with wet rag, then micro fibre rag and clear. It looks dark for chrome. Not satisfied myself.

Maybe someone will chime in that has had success.

Maybe the original poster of the bumper job will post in and give specifics. As per the bumper post, there has to be some "trick" to getting it right.

i bought the killer chrome stuff,, got to kits for the price of one,,,,i plan on redoing my dash gauge bezel,,,

I`ve used Mirror Chrome and it`s a very similar product (using a black base coat) followed by the chrome and a clear coat. I thought it resembled polished aluminum more than chrome. There`s just no substitute for vacuum plating.

Same here. Killer chrome looks good enough on my arm rest bases, etc.
but didn't hit the mark on the instrument bezel. It went right back into the stripper tank. It will go to vacuum plating when funds are available. Funny thing is, when I get it back I will probably clearcoat it and end up with about the same appearence.

-
Back