Status
Not open for further replies.

momoparman

MOISMYHOME
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for the chrome push buttons (Station preset buttons) for a 69 barracuda thumb wheel radio. There are 5 total and the buttons must be in good shape with no de-lamination of the chrome or scratches on them. As an alternate I will also look at black push buttons. They must have the slot on the back as shown on the picture.

PM me with pics of what you have an a price. I'm in MO.

Thanks,

Mop

Attachments

• 100_4975.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 126
Yes I know they can be re-chromed....appreciate the idea though.

Looking for a cheap fix....under $20.00.

I may just sand blast them and paint them black. Not a 100 point resto so not looking for exact.

Anyone else?

You might check with your local hobby store and see if they have any of the chrome paint like what is used on plastic models.

OR.....check with a beauty supply store to see if they have any type of chrome fingernail polish you could paint your buttons with.

Either of those should be under $20.....

Thanks again....I think that chrome/silver paint would look pretty cheezy though don't you? :D

Black or chrome are what the choices are.

Anyone?

I did not have good luck removing the chrome push buttons-- the 2 I removed both split or had issues when the force required to remove was applied.

Good luck with your search. Lawrence

You have to pry carefully from behind the button with a wide blade or better with a forked blade so you can pry evenly. A hair dryer to warm the button plastic will also help loosen things up.

Keep trying folks.....I started trying to remove chrome from mine last night.

Well I managed to strip the chrome clean on two of them in a few minutes so I think I am going the route of painting the buttons black. I think it will be a nice match to the black and chrome window knobs and door handles.

Thanks for your help but this thread is done. :cheers:

Out.

Mop

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back