Chrome shop

-

tomt966

Reaction score
Now that my engine is out of the way, my next project is to rechrome the bumpers. Any recommendations on a good shop in the Baltimore, DC, Richmond area? That way I can take them there and save on shipping.

Based on prvious experience bite the bullet and go to Tri-Cities Plating.Excellent work, quick turn around and Priced about$300.00 each for my 70 swinger.

I've heard nothing but excellent stuff about Tri-city. I shipped them a bumper yesterday.
C

Another vote for tricity,they redid the bumpers on 2 of my dusters quality is second to none..i paid 260.00 a bumper...

Just an FYI....I just received an e-mail back from Tri-City and they now charge $315 each plus shipping for 70 Duster bumpers.

Honestly I have heard nothing but GOOD things about Tri-City. I have seen them on some local cars in NY and the quality is great. I used some local shops trying to save a buck and got boned! Promises never came to fruit and wish I just went with what people told me "Use Tri-City" and you will be happy. Thats the word on the street.

I just called tri-city and they gave me a price also of $315 per bumper and a 10-12 wk turn around.LOL

I just got a bumper back from Tri-city that I had sent up around Jan. 1st. Beautiful job.
C

How do you pack a bumper for UPS shipping???
I was told to buy from Tri-City as well. I even mentioned them on a Corvette discussion forum I belong to, and all the guys over there had nothing but good things to say about them.

George

I'll chime in with the same recommendation: Tri-City Plating does NICE work! But expect a 3 month turn-around time.

Give Porter a call.... http://www.tricityplating.com/

Barracuda472-vi.jpg

How do you pack a bumper for UPS shipping???

When I sent mine I just hacked together a crude cardboard containment box so I could stick a label on it and send it away. If it gets scratched, I didn't care as it was GOING to be refinished. The return trip Tri-City packs `em un REAL NICE leaving you with no concerns about packaging.

Expect to pay "about" $75 to send them out.

So where on the west coast (near Sacramento) can I find a good chrome shop? I have to get both bumpers and misc. parts chromed for my 67 ragtop Cuda.

Ask Tri-Cities if they have one in stock. They do carry some rechromed stuff off the shelf. you will not be disappointed with them.They also work the major shows and you can pick up there with no shipping.

-
Back