Chroming Valve Covers

-
A lot of the cost depends upon what shaper they are in. Once the plater gets them, they needed to be stripped if there is any paint on them & taken from there. TMM's estimate is probably pretty close, but it could go higher or lower.

Thanks guys, that gives me a baseline. I can't seem to find any original 1969 chromed covers for my BB GTS so I'm down to buying the AMD repops and having them chromed. Thanks again for the insight.

I had mine re-chromed. Baffles need to be removed to clean and re-plate adding to the cost. Then baffles are re-welded back. My covers look great and aftermarket chrome is better than any factory. Cost= $600.

how do you weld on something after it has been chromed? asking for a friend that has been a welder for over 50 years

You don't have to remove baffles to clean any machine shop has a sonic cleaner. Chroming is $50 each where I get them done. Must be clean and ready to dip.

Now I check and the AMD covers are out of stock. But I can buy a trunk deck for a '68 Torino. Unbelievable.

Is anyone willing to share info on Chrome places? The only place close to here was Miami, they wanted 280 to do a brake pedal for my bike. Last time I called, they said send a text pic.. I did, no response... not trying to step on OPs thread, but any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Is anyone willing to share info on Chrome places? The only place close to here was Miami, they wanted 280 to do a brake pedal for my bike. Last time I called, they said send a text pic.. I did, no response... not trying to step on OPs thread, but any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I don't mind at all. In fact, I've found there is a lot of information to be gained when a post wanders a bit.

Paul's Chroming [ Highly Respected ]

Yes Sir
Top notch [ Zero BS ]
Much Appreciated Sir! I was gonna do a full tilt resto on that thang, but times appear to be a changing fast.... my Painter has dragged it out... tooh a year to get the heads done.. 2 years on the paint. Damn gal was sweet as it was, just wanted to Try for Perfect. I'm gonna call Paul though, and check out his timeline.. it's a rare bike. They put the rider pegs where the passenger ones were, so it's a brake lever made outta Unobtainium

-
Back