Chrysler 300 seats in a Duster

-

Clelan

Inferno Red Duster
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just purchased these Chrysler 300S seats for less than I could buy supplies to recover my current seats. I know I have seen posts somewhere about doing this, but I cannot find them anywhere?
Has anyone ever used 300,Charger,Challenger seats in their A body? I know the front seats will fit, butI am hoping can make the back seat work too.

Cley
20240425_072400.jpg
20231214_211842.jpg

Well it looks like it will work really well! These are just sitting in there, but they fit like a glove! I'll share more as I get further along.

Cley
20240428_190148.jpg

Back seats are in for good. They are a 2 piece seat since in the 300 they fold down in 2 different sections so I used a couple pieces of 1/8" x 3/4" aluminum flat stock at 4' long to hold them together. These pieces also hang the seats from the stock upper hangers and bolt them to the rear fire wall. In the second photo it shows the gap between the seat bottom and the side of the car. I will cut a piece of foam to fit there and wrap it in black vinyl.

More on the front seats to come.

Cley
20240429_160446.jpg
20240429_160454.jpg

Amazed that 300 seat fits and is actually smaller than stock seat. Especially since the 300 is a "full size" car, and our A bodies were considered compacts lol

Amazed that 300 seat fits and is actually smaller than stock seat. Especially since the 300 is a "full size" car, and our A bodies were considered compacts lol

I did some layout work years ago when I was trying to figure out how to setup my garage and was stunned to find the a '74 Duster without bumper guards was almost the exact same width and length as a 2015 Challenger. Certainly there are differences, and the Challenger is some 5-600# heavier, but overall length and width are almost spot on.

Sorry to hijack, but the picture of the new dart seats in the Cuda had me wanting to show my wife. The post is gone, and am hoping original poster could pm me. Thx

-
Back