Chrysler Historical research mistake??????

-

Reaction score
Well I finally got my Chrysler Build card on my 65 Dart GT. Learned a lot about my car. But now I am beyond puzzled. By there break down it was originally paint code JJ1 Light Turquoise Metallic. Which I am not sure exactly what it looks like. But there is no way that is right. I have had the back seat and carpet out of the car and it was defiantly the light sky blue (not sure of the code or correct name for it). Any one know how this could be???? I am at a loss. Any one know the code for the light blue? Maybe it looks almost the same as JJ1???

Thanks for any advice, or ideas!

Well I finally got my Chrysler Build card on my 65 Dart GT. Learned a lot about my car. But now I am beyond puzzled. By there break down it was originally paint code JJ1 Light Turquoise Metallic. Which I am not sure exactly what it looks like. But there is no way that is right. I have had the back seat and carpet out of the car and it was defiantly the light sky blue (not sure of the code or correct name for it). Any one know how this could be???? I am at a loss. Any one know the code for the light blue? Maybe it looks almost the same as JJ1???

Thanks for any advice, or ideas!

Hi! I can help you. Email me a readable picture of the fendertag, the numbers on the radiator support and the vin number and you will get the info within 10 hours. Email me at
[email protected]

Hi! I can help you. Email me a readable picture of the fendertag, the numbers on the radiator support and the vin number and you will get the info within 10 hours. Email me at
[email protected]

Hay thanks! I will, but I am missing the fender tag. That is why I had this done. So I can get one made. I may have figured it out though. I think they are right! I looked on line and the Light Turquoise looks darn near the same as the Light Blue. But better! And no one mentions it being metallic. I think that is were they messed up.

But I can get the vin and support numbers to you if that will help. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

My 73 Charger is yellow. The paint code is JY3 "honey gold".
The paint chip book shows JY3 as a metallic light gold color. It isn't even close.
Shop mixed paint to chip book specs, and surprise, it is non-metallic yellow.

It happens.

For what it is worth,
I was impressed with how fast they got the research to me. I think on there web sight it say 6 to 8 Weeks. Well I got it in 12 days! Rather impressive.

-
Back