Chrysler Making SRT Its Own Badge (Like Ram)

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
From MSN.com:

Street and Racing Technology Branches Out

Chrysler makes SRT its own badge.

Chrysler already split off the Ram line of trucks into its own badge; now it's doing the same with its in-house SRT performance engineering group.

It was announced earlier this week that Chrysler will spin off the Street and Racing Technology group into its own brand, to be led by Ralph Gilles, former Dodge president and CEO and petrol-head extraordinaire. According to the Detroit News: "The brand will build low-volume, high-performance vehicles for Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep. The Auburn Hills (Mich.) automaker will grow the SRT line from one model now, based on the Dodge Challenger, to four this fall by addint SRT versions of the Dodge Charger, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Chrysler 300C.

Gilles will continue with design responsibility for Chrysler Dodge, Jeep and Ram vehicles.

Glad to see, it's worked out extremely well for Ford and SVT, think that it will make it more hopeful for us to see a forced induction 5.7/6.1 in the future as well.

Glad to see, it's worked out extremely well for Ford and SVT, think that it will make it more hopeful for us to see a forced induction 5.7/6.1 in the future as well.

I seen a factory hurst forced induction challanger at a carshow last year, was a 6.1

I don't trust a brand that won't put its brand name on something.

Makes it easier for Fiat when they get controlling interest of Chrysler. SRT will be it's own entity known for building performance vehicles, then they can build SRT badged Fiats.....who knows, just saying. Sort of why they split of Ram from Dodge and moved all production to Mexico. That way in the future they can dump Chrysler and Dodge, and keep Ram that by itself would be profitable. Fiat is moving to gain majority interest in Chrysler. All compliments of Obama and the auto workers union. Just the personal ramblings of thoughts in my head.

-
Back