Chrysler ME412 concept car

-

GotDart

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the ME412 (stands for mid engine 4-turbo V-12) that was at the Houston Auto Show yesterday. This is 1 of only 2 working prototypes. All hand made carbon-fibre body.

DSC00308.JPG

DSC00311.JPG

DSC00339.JPG

DSC00340.JPG

DSC00341.JPG

Sorry for not getting a pic of the engine. My 12yo son was manning the camera and didn't quite have enough height to see into the engine bay. Stats I heard were 0 to 60mph in under 3 seconds, 0 to 100mph in 6.2 seconds, and a top speed well over 200mph. She didn't mention 1/4 mile times. Also has fully automatic climate control and a premium sound system. I want one. :geek:

Looks like quite a bit of info on the web about it.
http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/dcco...0-0-160157-0-0-135-7145-0-0-0-0-0-0-0,00.html

I'll pass!
If i could afford a carbon-fiber car that can hit 200mph i would buy an Enzo Ferrari!

Or better still the Quadra-Deuce built by Rad Rides by Troy.
Supposedly it can out accelerate a Lamborghini! :thumleft:

I heard that "if" they build it the sticker price would be close to a million.
just a little out of my price range. :cry:

Now that's a good looking Charger !!!!

Nowing chrysler though it will probably make it into production as a 4 door box on 4 wheels.... : ( again.

I heard that it will never get produced, because it wipes the floor with the Mercedes McLaren(think that is what it is called).

The McLaren F1 isnt mercedez though. There is confusion because the actual Formula 1 car Mercedez Benz uses is run by the McLaren team, which I am pretty sure has nothing to do with the auto maker McLaren, who makes the F1. But from what I hear, they might build this car, it is a prototype, not a concept, and it has a good chance to see the light of day. I also heard it will be faster than the Enzo. Its a mercedez supercar with a Chrysler name, although a Mopar magazine said Chrysler had a lot of input into the car, and it think it said Chrysler designed the engine and exterior too.

The Mclaren F1LM uses a BMW engine. Mercedes is just teamed up with McLaren for the Formula car racing series. The ME412 uses the Mercedes V12 that is basically the same as the twin turbo versions they use in the 600 series cars.

-
Back