Chrysler Sales Tank 30%

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Associated Press

October Auto Sales: Chrysler sales fall 30 percent

Associated Press, 11.03.09, 01:57 PM EST
NEW YORK -- Chrysler Group LLC said Tuesday its October auto sales fell 30 percent compared with the same period last year, as sales across nearly every model declined.
BY THE NUMBERS: Total sales fell to 65,803 last month from 94,530 in October 2008. For the first ten months of the year, sales tumbled 39 percent to 781,319 compared with 1.28 million in the same period last year.
Article Controls

THE DIVISIONS: The car division said October sales fell 30 percent to 17,556 sold from 25,014 last year. Chrysler sold 31 percent fewer trucks, or 48,247 versus 69,516 a year earlier. Chrysler has indicated that it may abandon many of their existing models and concentrate on the Fiat line of vehicles.

Very sad but they just cant build anything worth a damn other than a diesel Ram.... just my 2 cents

Chrysler also annonuced it will be stopping production of many of its current models and replacing them with FIAT models.

I looked at the FIAT website just to see what the company has to offer...
Unless they can stuff a Hemi in one of these things I could not be more flacide toward the future of Chrysler.

It also goes a little deeper than that. Cash for Clunkers also borrowed against the future for the present, moving historically hot sales months such as September and October forward into the summer. But given the unsurity over where Chrysler will be going in the future under Fait, the economy still in it's current state (the talking heads be damned), unemployment at close to 10% nationally, it really doesn't surprise me.
I'm still hearing from a lot of folks who will buy Ford simply because of the fact they didn't take government bailout money and the sentiment on Chrysler is they took the money and still wound up in the hands of a foreign corporation. Dispute it or not, it's the way people feel.

It also goes a little deeper than that. Cash for Clunkers also borrowed against the future for the present, moving historically hot sales months such as September and October forward into the summer. But given the unsurity over where Chrysler will be going in the future under Fait, the economy still in it's current state (the talking heads be damned), unemployment at close to 10% nationally, it really doesn't surprise me.
I'm still hearing from a lot of folks who will buy Ford simply because of the fact they didn't take government bailout money and the sentiment on Chrysler is they took the money and still wound up in the hands of a foreign corporation. Dispute it or not, it's the way people feel.

On top of that people won't support Government Motors either.

I did see a lot of Fiat's in Italy and I have to say they were pretty nice cars. I rode in a few and was pretty impressed. I doubt the new Hemi is going away under Fiat rule, you just might not see much of it. As far as looks, I like the look of Fiat better, sorry but Ma Mopar hasn't had much in the looks department for quite some time across their whole line. Who now's maybe we'll see a Hemi Pundo!

It would be a shame to not see the Challengers not being produced. They are very expensive and most people cannot afford them. I know I cannot. But I thought that this would at least keep Chrysler competitive in the Muscle Car Dept.

It's a shame but I would guess that we will see the end of Chrysler vehicles in the near future.

one of the dealers here in Indiana was still selling cars but could not get the financing to floor plan cars. So 2 weeks ago they were open and the Indy Mopar Club president was in to Thank them for sponsering a car in August. This dealership is a brand new location for a long time dealer.

The owner didn't say anything and seemed like business as usual. 2 days later they closed thier doors.

The dealers are also having trouble getting cars from Chrysler.

we are not out of the woods on this recession. Goverment wants us to believe it, now we will see more clearly what people are willing to spend money on. With the cash for Clunkers gone and the tax incentive for new home buyers ending soon the GNP will go back to where it might have been without the infusion from obama.

Everyone I have talked to say they will spend less on Xmas, putting off buying big ticket items and in general spending less.

Fuel prices are going back up and taking disposable income away again. (I spent $76 to fill truck up, weekly thing now and then the wifes van usually another $50)

hate to see it, dad worked for Chrysler for 36 years, I have driven Chrysler products since 1974 (I work for Ford) Hope dad pension takes care of mom

Good Luck Chrysler

I never thought we'd have to bank on FIAT to bail us out. But I hope they do. It could just be the best thing to come over here since spaghetti.

I hold hope.

They are killing off the Viper in 2010 but they say they have a concept that is equal or better in terms of performance, so i look forward to that!

Bob Dylan says it best, "The times they are a change'n."

The news of a 6.4 liter, 450 horse hemi is nice... and yeah the viper will be replaced but sales had been crappy on them anyway. Course sales had been crappy in general I suppose. I looked at the other thread and read what they were planning in the next 5 years and it all looks positive. Hope they get everything done that they say.

The news of a 6.4 liter, 450 horse hemi is nice... and yeah the viper will be replaced but sales had been crappy on them anyway. Course sales had been crappy in general I suppose. I looked at the other thread and read what they were planning in the next 5 years and it all looks positive. Hope they get everything done that they say.

The Viper is a very niche car. As you said, the other thread dealing with the restructuring has them pulling back on it then a possible re-introduction a few years later. The Viper fills a role, but it really doesn't get sheetmetal on the street. Ford found that out with the GT. Scaling it back and regrouping on it isn't a bad thing, the emphasis needs to be on daily drivers and getting folks to trust the brand again, not building dream cars at the moment.

It is pretty bad at Chrysler. We hauled more Toyota products last month to the southeast than Chrysler did in the whole country.
I feel sorry for all the dealers that upgraded and/or moved to new facilities just to have the rug pulled out from beneath them.
If that had happened to me, I believe I would have to take a trip to Auburn Hills and take a couple people out.

-
Back