Chryslers at Carlisle 2023 who is going

-
I am at western village too. Trying to find a bit of shade. I will stop over and say hi.

20230713_163804.jpg

We arrived at 11:30 am this morning and scored the elusive Tuff Wheel adapter. Makes the trip all the more worth it….. plus Miss DC 1984’s autograph. Tomorrow will exclusively show cars for us.

It was hot and humid, 90* today.
No real rain until late Saturday night but prediction is 93*

It rained north of Carlisle tonight for maybe 10 min.
Dry south of say exit 52 on I 81
Beautiful day today. Lets do it again tomorrow.

As far as Carlisle weather goes for July, it was nearly beautiful. Got a little hot, but not crazy hot. For those from the north, I can see why you thought it was hot. For those of us from close to the area, it was normal and a great day. Just stay hydrated and use sun screen. You'll be o k.

Here are some Photos..
Not all pictures are A Bodies and some photos are of my actual trip, but lots to look at, and I guess these were my favorites from the areas I got around to with my camera on Saturday. There was defiently a lot more to capture, but this is what I got.

Enjoy!

We just got home about 3:00. Drove down Thursday and did some hoofing around most of the show and swap meet fields. Stayed at a cool Airbnb so no worries about the car being gone.

Found out 1/2 way home to CT we won 1st place in 67/68 Dodge A body stock.

805 miles round trip with the last 100 in the pouring rain. Here are some pictures Chryslers at Carlisle 2023

Cliff Ramsdell

Got home just before noon. Backed the camper in it's berth, unloaded the scores. About an hour later my 15 yr old says his belly feels funny. Here we are about 10 hours after that in the ER waiting for them to tell us if his appendix needs to be removed or not. He said he felt a little weird all weekend off and on, but didn't think anything of it. Dang boy is just like me...

Update on Josh..... Turns out his lower right abdominal lymph node is inflamed. Ibuprofen every 6 hours and give it a week, they say.

Last edited:
If you saw me from behind on the turnpike LOL Had a great time the weather was Hot and no rain when it mattered. Scored a few parts and sold a few to Barracudakid

IMG_6175.JPG

Great pic's! I wimped out because of the heat! Didn't get around to see many cars. I did shake Herb's (Mr 4 speed's) hand and got his autograph!

Fun weekend, despite heat and sunburn. (Ow.) Drive back was OK until about halfway, rest was pouring rain.:(

On the plus side, the Duster was fine in heat and traffic, though I still need to swap the fan.

What a great event!!! Having moved to Washington State in 2002, I have been flying back for the event every couple of years, so after my 5200 mile road trip this was the first time since 2002 that I have been there with a car. The Plum Crazy Dart got second place in its class - 1970-72 A-body Dodge Modified - 16 in the class), and got a celebrity pic award to boot! I had a great time at the FBBO (FBXO) tent and they put on a great lunch spread on Saturday. As always the swap meet was a treasure trove of things that I discovered I couldn't live without. I met some great A-body folks and swapped lots of stories. Looking forward to next year!

I'm back home in WA, but will fly back East in 3 weeks to go to the Mopar Nats in Columbus, and then Moparfest in Ontario. Then I'll put the Plum Crazy Dart to bed in PA and return next July for another round of shows and another cross country run.

What a great event!!! Having moved to Washington State in 2002, I have been flying back for the event every couple of years, so after my 5200 mile road trip this was the first time since 2002 that I have been there with a car. The Plum Crazy Dart got second place in its class - 1970-72 A-body Dodge Modified - 16 in the class), and got a celebrity pic award to boot! I had a great time at the FBBO (FBXO) tent and they put on a great lunch spread on Saturday. As always the swap meet was a treasure trove of things that I discovered I couldn't live without. I met some great A-body folks and swapped lots of stories. Looking forward to next year!

I'm back home in WA, but will fly back East in 3 weeks to go to the Mopar Nats in Columbus, and then Moparfest in Ontario. Then I'll put the Plum Crazy Dart to bed in PA and return next July for another round of shows and another cross country run.
Good deal. Your car was looking great. I like that it was driven there. Keep having fun with it.

I predict that MoparFest will be better than the Nats. :) :)

-
Back