Chryslers in the Canyon III Pics

-

TexasStroker

Reaction score
Man, what a great event! Clear skies, mid 80's, no wind, oh and about 120+ Mopars in attendance!

I am backlogged, but will post the downhill entry vids once I get the rest of this stuff done. We had a lot of A-bodies, much more than anticipated. I lost a powervalve in the Duster, but nonetheless had a great time.

Here is a link to the pics from our pro-photographer.

I know Belden has some pics he'll prob post up soon too.:

http://www.lonestarmopars.com/news/...chryslers-in-the-canyon-iii&catid=38:pictures

I had an awesome time in Palo Duro Canyon. Attached is a picture of my 383-S Barracuda (upgraded to a 440+6 for a little extra zip).

Palo Duro Canyon is really quite amazing. It's the second largest canyon in the U.S. behind the Grand Canyon.

Rod

Attachments

• overlook2.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Barracuda 383-.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 191
Where in Texas is this Canyon show held? I see a freind of mine from Denver showed up. Bob Kerbs with the Hemi Daytona.

Palo Duro canyon is very near Amarillo. I got to speak with Bob, it was very entertaining to hear his stories about his car as well as other stories about various mopars he was around.
Rod

Where in Texas is this Canyon show held? I see a freind of mine from Denver showed up. Bob Kerbs with the Hemi Daytona.

Cool, thats only about 6-7 hours away. Might have to hit that one up next year. Bob is a fun guy to talk to, and he has some nice cars.

I've been slammed, but we'll get some winner pics up and then the video I shot of folks coming in...

We had an awesome time and Bob did quite well! Car looks great Rodney, thanks for posting the aerial shot!

Anyone that wants to come down next year is more than welcome...we'll do our best to make sure you have a great time.

Palo Duro Canyon is located about 20 miles or so southeast of Amarillo...very nice 2 lane highway leads out that way.

Finally getting caught up, here are the pics of the winners...you can find a lot more following the link to Della's pics.

Long Hauler Award: Danny, 1971 Dodge Demon 340, Red with Black Stripes
LongHauler.jpg

Mondini Automotive and Tire Best Paint and Body: Trenton, 1969 Dodge Charger R/T, R6 Red
MondiniBestPaint.jpg

Canon's Pick: TexasStroker, Mopar 10, Brilliant Black Pearl with a Blue Stripe
CanonsPick.jpg

Jon Wolfe Memorial Restomod Award, sponsored by moparman63: Charlie, 1964 Dodge 440 Wagon, Black
JonWolfeMemorialRestomodAward.jpg

Martin M. Blues Man Award, sponsored by TexasMopars: Cris, 1966 Dodge Charger, Black
MartinMBluesManMemorialAward.jpg

Best E-Body, sponsored by blcd74: Joe, 1970 Plymouth Cuda AAR, Vitamin C Orange
BestofShowE-Body.jpg

Garnier Albus Challenger Award, sponsored by blcd74: Tony, 2009 Dodge Challenger "Cuda" Clone, Inferno Red
IMG7425-M.jpg

Best of Show New Challenger Stock, sponsored by 6speedtitaniumr/t: John, 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8, Green with Envy
BestofShowNewChallengerStock.jpg

Best of Show New Challenger Modified, sponsored by blcd74: Kevin, 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T, Stone White
BestofShowNewChallengerModified.jpg

Lone Star Mopars Pick: Chuck, 1970 Plymouth Superbird
LoneStarMoparsPick.jpg

Founder's Pick: Larry & Pat, 1970 Dodge Charger R/T, Plum Crazy Purple
FoundersPick.jpg

AAM Pick Truck: Duade, 1947 Dodge Pickup, Red and Black
AAMPickBestTruck.jpg

AAM Pick Best Modern Mopar: Travis, 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T, Brilliant Black Pearl
AAMPickBestModernMopar.jpg

AAM Pick Best Muscle Mopar: Donald, 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A, Panther Pink
AAMPickBestMuscleMopara.jpg

Park Ranger's Pick: Don, 1959 Plymouth Fury, Blue and White
ParkRangersPick.jpg

AAM Pick Best of Show: Bob, 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona
AAMPickBestMuscleMopar.jpg

-
Back