chryslers new name. what do you think??

-
though the question was pretty clear. you answered your old stuff has dodge on it. well so does the new crap. instead of trying to be cute just answer what you think about the name. you are either ok with it or don't like it.. see how simple that can be.. :)

Easy...both of youse...

I hate it. Does it mean that they will change the dodge and Chrysler names to fiat ? So it will be fiat charger , fiat challenger , fiat dart . . .

attachment.php

Did the train have Fiat Wheels, or Rails?:finga:

on a technicality, my friend's 124 spyder has a hemi. So, his dad got him a bumper sticker that it rocks that says "Si, Es Tu Hemi"

Whats a 124 Spyder???...I guess I'm off to "googleland"..fer some schoolin...be rite back...

Chrysler has been gone for a while. The company that built my Dakota and everyone's A-bodies died in 1998.

Yes, ever since that "German merger" it has been down hill.

When Lee Iococca retired, they should have promoted Bob Lutz (the guy responsible for the Viper getting into production). Instead they bring in Bob Eaton from GM of Europe who came in for less than two years and then sold it out to the Germans and took off with over 18 million in bonuses. THAT WAS THE END OF CHRYSLER.

Bob Lutz ended up leaving Chrysler for an exec. job at GM.

chryslers new name. what do you think??

I think it sucks! :bootysha:

Its a "holding company" and I agree to that, if they'
re broke, now, why in the hell would they want to spend the money to make up a new name to then have to pay to publish it? Makes NO business sense to me!

I'd say I agree, its Dodge, Chrysler, MNOPAR, and let it be...... the name change means nothing as it was said before my posting that Fiat is merely a holding company...........

It is only a name and everyone has different thoughts on the name.

For sure we have Fiats, Lancia (part of Fiat) that build cars and badge then with Chrysler to sell here in England (as Lancia name not very good from old days).

I have had Fiats in the past, not very well made cars, they don't last, so I hope Chrysler car will be made better so the company can stay in business for years to come.

Fiat used to have good sport/race cars some 30/40 years ago.

Actually, as Fiats went "back then" the 124 Spyder wasn't too bad a car not to be confused with the rear engine 850 Spyder.

If you really want to discover just how bad Fiats used to be, Google "Yugo." I'm guessing Fiat stamped out Fiats (128s) by the jillions until the tooling was worn out, then sold it all to the Yug's who stamped out Yugos which just didn't 'effin make it.

"Did you know next year's Yugo has a rear window defroster?"

"Yes, that' s so you can keep your hands warm while pushing it."

I actually tried to turn "2" 128s into a work car back in the early eighties. Let me tell YOU that if you could get it up to 70, that was a real trick, and then KEEPING it there was a scary episode. I was a lot stupider then, and I sure as hell would not try 'n drive a 128 that fast these days. This is about the equivalent of driving a /6 Dart, the cheapest model you can find, with 13" tires, at about 140...... mph, not klicks.

AbodyJoe, I don't like it at all, I think (JMO) they should keep the FIAT name away from all of the MoPar cars, it is a negative move if anyone ask's me...

Bob Lutz ended up leaving Chrysler for an exec. job at GM.

Lutz took his P/T Cruiser design with him to gm, which became the hhr and sold well, while at the very same time, Chrysler killed the original P/T, which was still selling at the level they had originally anticipated....

STUPIDO!!

Chrysler's positive cash flow actually helped "bail out" Fiat after the stock acquisition.

I think I'd drive a 124. There are some other bad-*** Fiats as well.
Their Ferrari brand also seems to do well, and some Fiat's are actually Ferrari's with a different badge.

Attachments

• Fiat-124-3.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 141
Putting the main office in The Netherlands is just for tax-reasons.

Other than that and to answer the question.... I really couldn't care less.

I'm goingto get flamed for this, but, perhaps it's time to state the obvious:

At some point we have to come to the realization that "Chrysler" no longer exists. It's not Ma MoPar any longer.

Buying a Charger, a Challenger,, a 300, 200 or what ever,is something you do because you like the car, not because it's a "MoPar".

Pretending that you own a "MoPar" doesn't change anything, either. "Chrysler Corporation" ended some time ago, other than names, it no longer exists.

We are now like fans of Tuckers, Packard, Hudson, Cord, Duesenburg, Marmon, Terraplane, and Stuts, and so many other brands who's names live on, but who vehicles are no longer manufactured.

At some point, when it's time to redesign the engines, and such, even those remnants will fade.

Most of us have our classics, that are each 100% more "MoPar", than anything that has been produced by the company in a decade, or more.

The idea of Fiat is to capitalize on the Chrysler brand, and it's name plates. I'm pretty sure the names will outlive anything else from Chrysler. Where the main office is doesn't matter to any of us any more, The Netherlands is as good a place as any for a European car company, and that's what it is now.

Sure, like many other foreign manufacturers, they will still have assemble plants here. But parts will be sourced from all over the planet and sent here, so that Fiat can claim that the cars are "Built in America". While that claim will be essentially accurate, it won't be the entire truth, and to most people that won't matter, anyway.

Essentially, "Chrysler", "Dodge", and all of the names of the various models of these brands are just that, names and trade marks of the new company, and that's about it.

Pride, desire, and stubbornness aside, Chrysler is gone. We need to deal with that fact, and move on.

Let the flaming begin.

...and one more thing, the name of the thread seems to be incorrect. It's not "Chrysler's new name", it's Fiat's new name.

I don't have any feelings about it. I don't blame Fiat for changing the name, since they bought the company. It's just a name.

My eyes are open Frankie, well said and well written observation, and like Goldfish65 said ,,,,,,,,,It's just a name.

My friend that is a career dealership parts guy says things are better under Fiat than they were under Daimler.

Is Gianni Angeli still the principal shareholder of Fiat?

That guy's a trip.

-
Back