chryslers new name. what do you think??

-
The name, I don't care..For the logo, I don't think it had much thought put into it...

I also believe they will use the money to bail out Fiat until it runs out then the company will vanish!!!

Bottom line is the 'good ole brands are gone' and I'm gonna hang on to the good ole days with my good old Mopar till my good old *** says adios...and 'no' I do not care for the name...chyrsler may have died out long ago but Mopars live forever..that's my story and I'm stickin to it...doo dah

...or maybe they'll stop making Fiats alltogether, and just make Chryslers...like AOL did with Time/Warner.

Will it also be Fiat/Ram some day????

I guess if you own them both, you kinda get to do what you want to do!!!

There's nothing I can do about the name, so I don't pay attention to it. I'm sure Fiat wanted to add Ram to the logo, But the dirty little secret is the sale to Fiat allowed Daimler to retain an Interest in the ram truck line. And why is the Euro diesel going in the new ram? Who owns a portion of that engine? So to this day, if you buy a new Ram, Daimler gets a check. So, Fiat can't say they own exclusive rights to the model. On the good side, my 13' Patriot and 12' 3500 Ram are both better built than the 07's they replaced. Oh Well,,,,,,,,,

There's nothing I can do about the name, so I don't pay attention to it. I'm sure Fiat wanted to add Ram to the logo, But the dirty little secret is the sale to Fiat allowed Daimler to retain an Interest in the ram truck line. And why is the Euro diesel going in the new ram? Who owns a portion of that engine? So to this day, if you buy a new Ram, Daimler gets a check. So, Fiat can't say they own exclusive rights to the model. On the good side, my 13' Patriot and 12' 3500 Ram are both better built than the 07's they replaced. Oh Well,,,,,,,,,

Thanks, I did not know this!

That 124 looks nearly identical to my friend's car. Its a riot to drive. The hemi 4 in them is the first timing belt engine, but unlike new cars, they take about 20 minutes to swap, when the time comes.

The thing to be aware of on those cars, are the lug bolts, smaller transmissions and the front suspension joints. They were a "maintenance free" joint, like some of the Toyota pickup trucks of the 1980s, but they had a sponge in them that was supposed to help hold grease, so when the grease went away, it made an awesome place for condensation to form.

but, like any other old car and it's quirks, they have remedies for them. Just like the ammeter gauge power feed at the bulkhead connector on nearly every chrysler product ever made, or the lower control arm bushings on the torsion bar front ends. They all went to hell, but you can repair them with better parts to keep it from happening again.

He parks that little car next to a '67 Sport Fury in his garage.

He's been tempted to take it up to Bandimere, at the Mopar event.

And I don't think I'd ever complain, if one of these showed at an all-Chrysler event.~

1973_lancia_stratos-pic-3175286541949639023.jpeg

I don't have any feelings about it. I don't blame Fiat for changing the name, since they bought the company. It's just a name.

Exactly. Years ago, there were several mergers with agricultural and industrial companies. Fiat had it's hand in some of these mergers.

Here's an example of one merger for the Ford lovers;
1991: Fiat purchases 80 percent of Ford New Holland and New Holland brand becomes a global full liner producer.

Allis Chalmers was an American company started in the 1800s;
In 1974, Allis-Chalmers's construction equipment business was reorganized into a joint venture with Fiat SpA, which bought a 65% majority stake at the outset. The new company was called Fiat-Allis.

The Germans had their hands in things back then too.
1985 The Allis-Chalmers farm equipment business line ended when Allis sold it to K-H-D (Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz, Deutz AG) of Germany, at the time the owner of Deutz-Fahr. K-H-D renamed the business as Deutz-Allis and discarded the Persian Orange branding in favor of spring green.

I wonder if all the farmers and construction workers back then were sitting behind their computers bitching about the mergers with foreign companies and lamenting about how the good old days were now gone for good. lol
Dallas

though the question was pretty clear. you answered your old stuff has dodge on it. well so does the new crap. instead of trying to be cute just answer what you think about the name. you are either ok with it or don't like it.. see how simple that can be.. :)

"It doesn't matter"

That's what I said about the name. That's my answer. Nobody was trying to be cute. Just because you're a mod doesn't give you the right to tell me how to answer something. If you want a particular answer next time, maybe make it multiple choice. Us simpletons usually do a little better with those.

WOP & Yank Motors, International

new products: Plymouth Pasta features stadium style mother-in-law seat to facilitate supervision of courting couples.
Update of the Alfa Montreal with an SRT 7 liter V-8.
Update of Lancia Stratos SRT 6.1 base engine with the 458 Italia motor optional keep the price under $60K.
Go after the Ford GT market with a revival of the Ferrari P330 with an SRT V-8.

"It doesn't matter"

That's what I said about the name. That's my answer. Nobody was trying to be cute. Just because you're a mod doesn't give you the right to tell me how to answer something. If you want a particular answer next time, maybe make it multiple choice. Us simpletons usually do a little better with those.
RustyRatRod has a good point when he referred to his cars being dodges. the old Chrysler Corp cars were built by Americans with Innovation for the U.S. Market based on the Interests of American buyers. Today they aren't. Today Fiat would make the cars purple with bells on them if they thought the Chinese would buy more of them.. it is convenient for them that Americans are buying the product today. The good thing is Fiat is allowing the American group to have a say in what is being built, so far. I have followed Mopar since I have been old enough to want a car.
But I no longer have any affection for what it is as a company.That company is gone. When the greedy stockholders in 1998 sold out to Daimler, the company ceased to exist. So, If the new Cummins in the Nissan turns into a 2500 and is a good vehicle, then I will look to sell my 6.7 Ram unless Ram makes something better.

I actually have no problem with Fiat. Have you ever seen their military vehicles? They make some that seriously out perform Jeeps. They have for decades. This could end up being good. Course it could go the other way, too. Since I will in all likelihood never own another new vehicle, that's why I really don't give a rat's butt.

My friend that is a career dealership parts guy says things are better under Fiat than they were under Daimler.

Is Gianni Angeli still the principal shareholder of Fiat?

That guy's a trip.

Considering how BAD Daimler was, there was nowhere to go but UP!

He's been tempted to take it up to Bandimere, at the Mopar event.

And I don't think I'd ever complain, if one of these showed at an all-Chrysler event.~

1973_lancia_stratos-pic-3175286541949639023.jpeg

A funny-looking kit car? Is that on Fiero or VW running gear?

*runs*

A funny-looking kit car? Is that on Fiero or VW running gear?

*runs*

Fiat/ Lancia developed that little monster for rally racing. They sold 250 of the Stratos per production year, for qualification as a stock car.

If you ever get to see one anywhere, even a museum, soak it in, because you won't likely see another. I've been told that there are a whopping 2 in the united states, by a guy who works at Apple Motors, a nearby classic Fiat shop, who drives a Lancia Beta down Sheridan, every day, to that shop that looks like this one;

Lancia_Beta_Coupe_2.0ie_1982.jpg

I see him drive by, once in a while, on his way to work, from the light rail train. He told me that if I ever get to work on a Stratos or ever see one, to give him a call and he'd bring his gray wizard beard and 3 legged dog to come check it out. I told him it was a deal.

I see some shared Ferrari parts on my friends 124 spider. If I didn't have my 240Z, I'd consider getting one or maybe building a Stratos clone.

WOP & Yank Motors, International

new products: Plymouth Pasta features stadium style mother-in-law seat to facilitate supervision of courting couples.

Hahahaha... It has to be an acronym, though. W.O.P. & Y.A.N.K. holy jeez... I'm goin' to hell for that one. Good idea for the back seat.

Update of Lancia Stratos SRT 6.1 base engine with the 458 Italia motor optional keep the price under $60K.

Where do I sign up?

"It doesn't matter"

lol.. you are one delusional dude man. my posts have not changed one bit since i became a mod. would have replied the same before as i did in this thread.

"In order to establish a true peer to the major global automotive groups, in both scale and capital market appeal, the Board has decided to establish Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V., organized in the Netherlands, as the parent company of the Group," the group said in a statement .

for what it is worth, the abbreviation N.V. stands for "naamloos vernootschap" which of course, as we all know, loosely translates into "un-named partnership"

generally, when a person, company or whatever chooses to become a "un-named partner" this is exactly what it means, they want to get involved, carry part of the burden, get part of the profits but not get mentioned by name as being part of the whole deal.

going by that reasoning (was there reasoning in there?) a Chrysler should remain a Chrysler, a jeep should remain a jeep and a fiat should remain in Italy.

lol.. you are one delusional dude man. my posts have not changed one bit since i became a mod. would have replied the same before as i did in this thread.

So now you're callin me names. Nice work. It's ok though. I think your opinion of yourself is probably about the best one around here anyway. At least that's the word on the street. All I did was participate. From here on out, when I see you're the thread author, it won't happen anymore.

Count on it.

-
Back