CL find... 68 GTS

-
EIGHTY SEVEN HUNDRED BUCKS?!?!? Give me a friggin break! PASS.

...bb bbuut ut but but it's a 340 car! kiss my ***.

I thought it was a pretty solid car. Runs and drives.

If it were NOM, it may (and I say may) be worth it to certain people. I would key in on the phrase "survivor body". This tells me that other components may have been changed or tampered with.

if all the correct 340 parts are there exhaust manifolds, radiator ,air cleaner 8500 doesnt seam bad if some parts are missing deduct from there not an easy car to find these thats not a rusty mess.

the owner doesn't know if it is NOM. he did say the air cleaner is gone and the valve covers are not original... so most likely other stuff will be missing.

8700... or even close to it ain't happinen'... he did seem motivated to sell.

mopardude318... your 70 is simply awesome!:prayer:

thank you. sorry if my first response was kind of asshole-ish. after attending the latest mopar show, im tired of hearing about 'numbers matching', '340 car', 'hemi car', blah blah. numbers mean nothing to me. ill stroke that 340, weld in frame connectors, mini tub and have me some fun!

x2 numbers don't mean **** in an a-body. This is just another case of barrett-jacksonitus.

$8700?? He must have gotten that appraisal at the same place they told him only 1700 were built. More like 4232 made. Not worth the $8700. Basket case CONVERTIBLES have a hard time pulling $5ooo.

x2 numbers don't mean **** in an a-body. This is just another case of barrett-jacksonitus.

I agree. For me, a good majority of A-bodies are for having fun with! Unless It's something that is actually "rare", then who gives crap? But I suppose It's two different schools of thought...My car, to a LOT of guys is an aberration that never existed and gets walked on by with a nose in the air look. Ask me how much I care lol.

cool car .......a bit pricey ......sounds like a flipper ....."prices skyrocketing in the last 5 years" ??? more like the other way around.

but either way it is a cool car ....it looks like a green car originally which i think is pretty cool ...i love those green cars lol

other than it being priced too high ....i can see it....that would be a really bad *** car.

I'm sitting 15 minutes max from where this car is....LOL Hmmmm.....if it's totally rust-free and he's willing to drop about 20%, I'd say it's do-able in my book.

I'm sitting 15 minutes max from where this car is....LOL Hmmmm.....if it's totally rust-free and he's willing to drop about 20%, I'd say it's do-able in my book.

if you flashed him 5k he would be begging to sell it to you. that car needs a full blown resto.

1968 Dodge Dart GTS 340 v8..survivor body is a very straight barn find.just needs interior and paint..
all org California car black place. absolutely no rust!!!!!car runs and drives....340 Magnum 727 TorqueFlite 8 3/4 pose rear :tool:

"No Rust " so what is on the trunk lid?

$8700 for what?
Then it needs $15,000 in work

It is a cool car, and hard to find complete GTS in that condition, sorry, I don't know what these cars are worth, but I would say not that much

car needs a complete restoration , 4500 max, if it was a 383 , then that price would be realistic IMHO

Its worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it. Price is kinda high for the current market but they aren't building any more of them. How many 68 gts darts do you think are left out there?

thanks for all the comments. i agree the asking price is high... every dart i have seen has been on the high side, some are straight up crazy. i must say... the search is exhausting.

i think it's priced high too...but it's a cool *** car!the 69 in medford aint too bad either..

there was one on the Detroit Metro crags list for 9500.00 RARE GTS convertible that was up there for almost two monthes the thing just looking at it was a basket case but it was a RARE GTS convertible so worth every penny.

-
Back