Classic Auto Air

-

BarryC

'74 Duster 360
Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with Classic Auto Air?? I ordered a "Perfect Fit" kit from them about 3 1/2 weeks ago. After a couple of calls, I finally got the kit through UPS a couple of days ago. Searching through the kit, I found it was missing the condenser. I called them again to inquire about the condenser. They tell me it is backordered. After asking them when they expect them to come in, they tell me they aren't sure. They say they're having problems with there supplier.

Has anyone else had problems with them like this? I really dont want to install part of the kit, because who knows when the condenser will come. Anyone have any input on this problem?

Thanks.

Wow! That don't sound to good. They sold you a kit, knowing it was missing a "Back-ordered" major component without notifying you!

Hope it all works out for you.

Installed a perfect fit system last year, no problems other than they were slow shipping but nothing was missing or backordered.

Well, its been 5 1/2 weeks now and still no condenser. Everytime I call them, they just apologize and say they are expecting them the end of the week. This has been their response the last two weeks I've called them. Its been a little over a week since I called last time, I believe I'll call them again and let them apologize and make excuses once again.

Hey oldkoot,
You wouldn't happen to know who the manufacturer was for the condenser? Classic says that is what the problem is with the backorder.

Later guys.

I have one of their condensors and bracket sets in my garage that I don't think I'm going to use. PM me if you're interested.
-Jon

I've bought two of their kits and plenty of little stuff for different cars here at the shop without issue. I think the key is to build a relationship with one salesman and stick with them.

Well, one step closer. Finally got the condenser. Everything installed. Pulled vacuum but had a leak. The evap. was leaking and the condenser lines was questionable. Sent evap assembly and condenser back to Classic and they fix it under warranty. I appreciate that. Now the problem is with the electric damper motor. It apparently stripped the gears out of itself. Called them on Monday and said they would get another sent out immediately. Here it is Wednesday night and no sign of a shipment yet. Beginning to think I should of went with Vintage Air.#-o:disgust::angry5:

Sounds like piss poor Customer Service...thanks for the warning...I try to stay away from companies like that...Paddock is closed now...they back ordered a piece of trim for my hood...six months later it showed up with no warning

-
Back