Classic Bike ban on the" Tail of the Dragon ".

-
Ya, maybe you're right. I liked the part saying the RD350 banned for smoke screen !
i had an RZ and can confirm on the blue haze

now i ride older, smaller 2T stuff and lay down the james bond smoke screen. which i'm sure delights everybody behind me.

I think it’s an April 1st fools joke written very well as to be taken as a real article. Having ridden it myself, the real trouble with riding Deals Gap is the sport bike riders that have no care or concern for your slow ride through the terribly dangerous road way at blazing speeds and banshee screaming rpm’s at that riders maximum ability and sometimes beyond there ability.

I would love to go there again. The ride ended up Nc. for me and we all stopped to eat at what ever little town was there. Absolutely fine people there that took time out to get to know a bunch of NY city slickers chowing down. Wonderful wonderful place and people.

If anybody hasn’t been there, you NEED to make sometime in your life & go to enjoy. A big thumbs up for me. Way big thumbs up!

I think it’s an April 1st fools joke written very well as to be taken as a real article. Having ridden it myself, the real trouble with riding Deals Gap is the sport bike riders that have no care or concern for your slow ride through the terribly dangerous road way at blazing speeds and banshee screaming rpm’s at that riders maximum ability and sometimes beyond there ability.
while there is certainly no shortage of yahoos on sport bikes, i found the ding-dongs in the miata/audi/scooby clubs were a little more aggressive and playing a lot faster and looser.

it's a lot like The Snake on Mulholland out here, it tends to attract a certain groups and magnify their behavior.

lesson learned on both though, great during the week and not so much on the weekend!

59dd018133266.image.jpg

Speaking of Deals Gap. The famous Tree of Shame.
( bike wreckage hanging in tree )

Ya the oil slicks / Leaks sound bogus. The bikers would have more issues with it than truckers. .

while there is certainly no shortage of yahoos on sport bikes, i found the ding-dongs in the miata/audi/scooby clubs were a little more aggressive and playing a lot faster and looser.

it's a lot like The Snake on Mulholland out here, it tends to attract a certain groups and magnify their behavior.

lesson learned on both though, great during the week and not so much on the weekend.

As youngsters we frequently said "If it's not leaking oil, it can't be a Harley." :rolleyes: :rofl:
Harley guys would say " If It ain't leaking it's out of oil !!!"

-
Back