Classic car future

-

STEVE KAY

Reaction score
Just a question for all. I love and owned alot of nice cars over years. Sold my really nice original 69 340 swinger a few years ago and stroke out at what people want for junk or non original cars now. Like the 1930s cars the old guys that remember them are either really old or dead. I love the hobby and seeing the muscle car era rides of all stripes mopar, chev ,ford. With all the climate change bullchat we listen to every day on news especially here in Libtard Canada its doom n gloom and us gas guzzzling people are the problem lol. What will happen down the road and its coming fast if we like it or not. Will we be able to drive them here in Canada or US the enviromental people dont like us. What will happen as next generations will remember there electric volt or leaf or mustang? Just want peoples opinion Im a 64 r old car lover Hate the electic vehicles and who has 122k for a new silverado that if you were in florida Were outa hydro now sorry.What will happen to the old rides will they be worthless other than rare showpieces like superbirds hemi cudas or LS7 chevelles? Just your honest opinion I Love gas n oil It keeps me warm at 20 below when power grid down. Cheers

001.JPG
002.JPG

006.JPG

005.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

003.JPG

009.JPG

First of all, welcome to the forum! Second, I here ya! I'm north of 60 to and only finnaly got my classic on the road this year, it's insured for two more weeks then it will hibernate in the garage until spring. I enjoy driving it and smelling the exhaust only a classic 4bbl carb will make. I'm sure I'll be good to drive for many years as I don't think they will make us take these vehicles off the road, we just might have to pay more to put them on the road each year. IF we were mandated some how to not have them then I guess I'd do a electric conversion, I'm not a fan either but better than nothing and I found out you can convert a manual shift car . I'm sure us Canucks will be forced to do it before our friends down south but not much us little guys can do about the decision making.

Last edited:
There is A SPECIAL PLACE FOR THIS KIND OF POLITICAL CONSPIRANCY THEORY BS on this site. Please take it there.

My honest opinion - live for today.

Drive your car if you've got one, buy your dream car if you want to, modify your car, do what you want.

You get one life and don't know what is around the corner, so worrying what might or might not happen in 10, 20, 30 years is a waste of energy.

20230630_182951.jpg

Last edited:
Huh ? Let me get this straight. You have $120k to drop on a Cinderella truck that will be worth 15k in 10 years and your problem is that a restored 69 340 Swinger costs 30k ? But you love old Mopars ?
Vintage cars will not go away . The percentage of them on the road is inconsequential. And of those few are driven daily except mine …
You’re in your 60s and will probably be dead in 20 years. It would take longer than that to phase them out. And as more electric cars hit the road our cars become more of a novelty ..aka valuable .
Even if the libs take over it would be a long time before they have enough majority to pass such a thing. Hell .. even Biden has a mascle car ! ( Origial owner C2 Corvette AND Obama has a 65 Mustang ).
Stop digesting online **** , buy another muscle car and enjoy life !

Just a question for all. I love and owned alot of nice cars over years. Sold my really nice original 69 340 swinger a few years ago and stroke out at what people want for junk or non original cars now. Like the 1930s cars the old guys that remember them are either really old or dead. I love the hobby and seeing the muscle car era rides of all stripes mopar, chev ,ford. With all the climate change bullchat we listen to every day on news especially here in Libtard Canada its doom n gloom and us gas guzzzling people are the problem lol. What will happen down the road and its coming fast if we like it or not. Will we be able to drive them here in Canada or US the enviromental people dont like us. What will happen as next generations will remember there electric volt or leaf or mustang? Just want peoples opinion Im a 64 r old car lover Hate the electic vehicles and who has 122k for a new silverado that if you were in florida Were outa hydro now sorry.What will happen to the old rides will they be worthless other than rare showpieces like superbirds hemi cudas or LS7 chevelles? Just your honest opinion I Love gas n oil It keeps me warm at 20 below when power grid down. Cheers

Who cares what they do. Electrics are a no go. Wait till the problems, charging times, and cost kills them. Makes sense in some cases and not in others. I will never buy one.

Drive it like you stole it or till they run out of gas iam 69 years young pry the steering wheel from my hands just have fun worry about gas later

Last edited:
Who cares what they do. Electrics are a no go. Wait till the problems, charging times, and cost kills them. Makes sense in some cases and not in others. I will never buy one.
I love the rumble of my Mopar but the quick electric cars are pretty amazing to drive. They will be the future at some point if for no other reason the number of components required to build them .
Take a modern engine with variable valve timing , multiple valve heads , fuel injection , engine stop start etc apart then take an electric car apart . 1/20th the number of components to manufacture and assemble .
And we havent even started on the transmission !

I have been working for 45 years professionally in conservation and environmental issues. It is not without some sorrow that I have come to the conclusion that the US federal government (with which I have worked side by side for all that time) would have better served us by investing the money that they have put into EV subsidies into research to solve the issues with EVs including the environmental downsides of EV and especially EV battery production. From the elephant in the garage of how to recycle the batteries to issues of exploding cars and furious EV fires that the fire services can't put out, to the environmental consequences of mining the materials for the batteries - all this should have been solved BEFORE large scale production of EVs... There is a lot of legitimate information about this (along with a lot of crap) on the internet. Here is a recent piece: MSN

I have been working for 45 years professionally in conservation and environmental issues. It is not without some sorrow that I have come to the conclusion that the US federal government (with which I have worked side by side for all that time) would have better served us by investing the money that they have put into EV subsidies into research to solve the issues with EVs including the environmental downsides of EV and especially EV battery production. From the elephant in the garage of how to recycle the batteries to issues of exploding cars and furious EV fires that the fire services can't put out, to the environmental consequences of mining the materials for the batteries - all this should have been solved BEFORE large scale production of EVs... There is a lot of legitimate information about this (along with a lot of crap) on the internet. Here is a recent piece: MSN
That is interesting. So you have some insight into the realities of the industry. There are always some “false economy’s “ or unintended consequences to things .

I think they'll impose a federal mandate for a decibel meter and sniffer test in every state, that's how they'll get us off the road

I am in my 30s and have one thing to say about this EV car thing. I think it is great that EV cars can have a place in society, but forcing it is the same as pushing a rope, they are not for everyone. People started switching to them to avoid gas tax etc, and now they are starting EV taxes so they get screwed twice, once for more expensive car that can be bricked at any time and now that gas tax they were avoiding is an EV tax. Proof that you can’t win against the house, so why try.

Regardless of any conspiracy being advertised, the real conspiracies are right in front of us, and the smart ones can see it. It’s why we own 50 year old cars with our favorite 50 year old technology including carburetors, points, condenser, and non electronic controlled transmissions.

There is truth to car price shifts based on what each generation remembers, and that is why we can’t stuff these dinosaurs in a garage to be forgotten. Get them out, act like they are just a car, watch the new generations remember your dinosaur car growing up and they will seek them out for themselves later. My 1972 Duster gets driven even in winter (provided the roads are good), as well as gravel, and thru the yard lol. And some might say that’s fine on a slant 6 Duster, but read that signature because I have just one Duster. And my Duster is has a 340 with 284/484 cam, 3200 stall converter 727, and sure grip 3.91 gear ratio 8-3/4. It’s a car, a cool car, but still a car. Sitting in a garage is not the way to treat a car that you wrapped up money in because you wanted it… you gotta drive it and enjoy it. Make people cringe when gravel and mud and salt flick up on the rockers and quarter panels. Lol

We have a new hybrid (our second) and feel this is a decent compromise. It gets good gas mileage at 31 mpg and suits it's purpose well of shuttling the wife and I around to run errands. It's not a powerhouse but we knew that going in. The manufacture gives us a 100k warranty on batteries and power train. We'll trade before it reaches that mark.

That being said, when the weather is nice I drive my Duster. I'm building a 416 W2 motor for it now and I plan on beating on it pretty heavily. I figure I have less than 20 years left being able to handle a high HP car with no power steering and a four speed. I may have to buy fuel in 55 gallon drums but I'm gonna keep driving it as long as I can. After I'm gone, my wife and kids can sell it to the first young person that shows interest in it for $1.

We have a new hybrid (our second) and feel this is a decent compromise. It gets good gas mileage at 31 mpg and suits it's purpose well of shuttling the wife and I around to run errands. It's not a powerhouse but we knew that going in. The manufacture gives us a 100k warranty on batteries and power train. We'll trade before it reaches that mark.

That being said, when the weather is nice I drive my Duster. I'm building a 416 W2 motor for it now and I plan on beating on it pretty heavily. I figure I have less than 20 years left being able to handle a high HP car with no power steering and a four speed. I may have to buy fuel in 55 gallon drums but I'm gonna keep driving it as long as I can. After I'm gone, my wife and kids can sell it to the first young person that shows interest in it for $1.
My Swinger has a 408 W2 @ 500+ hp and a 4sp. I got say that “beating on it” on the street is not possible ( advisable) unless I am in the middle of nowhere on a wide street! And I don’t think I have ever hit 6000 rpm . Lol
Even with my M/T drag radials muchless my 14” stocker looking wheels . And my car launches pretty straight .
Maybe if I lived in the country ?

The number of miles and the number of classic car owners that drive their classic is so small. It is negliable.
The $$$ associated with classic car hobby is huge.
The old car hobby is not going away.
IF the EV takes over the IC, then that would be technology marching on.

-
Back