Classic car insurance

-

3404speed

Ancient Decrepit Member
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions on who to choose from and perhaps who to avoid? Would like to get classic plates and insurance this year for my Dart and maybe the Cuda and GTX....need to shop insurance.TIA

Check out Hagerty Insurance. Great customer service. :cheers:

i use hagerty for my four cars...just a reminder ..you need to have a normal ins policy on your daily driver and the classics need to be in a locked storage of some kind. i find them very easy to deal with .

This has made me wonder: Do I have this correct? If I wanna use my Valiant as my DD then I wont find classic coverage? Or atleast at a decent rate. I take it that one of the stipulations to insuring it under "classic" is that it be protected fairly well in the first place?

Just applied online, fairly simple, 166.00/year with lots of coverage 7500.00 stated value.

not for daily driver, but then again, not driving this daily like I used to in '87-92. My last registration renewal ran out in '02, but I haven't driven it much for a long time...should have done this long ago

I remember a classic car insurance thread last year everyone bitched you can't get cheap classic insurance and drive it too. Now that don't seem to be an issue since most aren't driving the old gas hawgs much these days anyways, due to the fuel prices. At least I know I'm not. American Collectors, BTW. $196/yr. total, 2 cars, agreed value $10k and $6k.

The more things change...

I have my Barracuda and Mustang 5.0 insured through Hagerty. I went with them because of their reputation. And yes they are very easy to deal with. I hear Grundy is cheaper but I'll stick with Hagerty. You can go to their web site and get a quote.

DD = no classic ins.

This has made me wonder: Do I have this correct? If I wanna use my Valiant as my DD then I wont find classic coverage? Or atleast at a decent rate. I take it that one of the stipulations to insuring it under "classic" is that it be protected fairly well in the first place?

-
Back