Classic Insurance

-

Chained_360

Delusional Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently shopping around for insurance for my '68 Barracuda and I've come across a minor problem. It seems that no one wants to insure my hunk 'o junk Plymouth as a daily driver under a classic or agreed value policy. I currently have USAA, and have my Miata and Barracuda under the same policy. USAA doesn't care how often I drive or where I park the Barracuda, the only problem is that they only want to insure the car for its MSRP of $2,700 from 1968. During the non-winter months I try to drive my Barracuda as much as possible because well, it always puts a smile on my face, but all these classic insurance companies seem to think that's not at all what you should do with a car you enjoy.

What solutions have you all come up with? I know y'all have some pretty dang good looking and valuable cars, mine is probably worth only about $6-7,000. Hagerty quoted my $300 for a 12-month period as a limited use vehicle, and a mileage limit of $3,000. Heacock won't even write me a quote for a daily driver, American Collector's as well. My biggest concern is if something happens to it while I'm at school or at work, or running errands. Am I just screwed? We've got a group of mad geniuses around here, I'm sure someone has come up with something!

Grundy might write you a policy provided you meet all of the criteria. As discussed on this site in the past, shop, shop, shop & see who will do right by you.

-
Back