clean spark plugs

-
Took me a while to find this, but it was well worth the $50. Two stroke plugs are too expensive to replace regularly. Besides I remember doing it in high school, (What little I was there or actually remember!) and it's a cool addition to the shop. I just can't quite get fully into today's throw away mentality. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0454.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 146
Burn the tips clean with a propane torch then run folded sandpaper between the gap a few times

I clean mine in a bead blast cabinet but the tool with the canvas bag on the side works very well. Just always bang them and blow them off again before installing.
They show it laying sideways but the plug can be pointed up to work and the lever controls blast or just air. Turn and wallow the plug around while blasting and you will get great results.

image_17665.jpg

wire brush , brake cleaner and elbow grease seems to work for me , used to be a buy and toss guy but lately I've been doing more to reuse stuff that is easy to clean . The air tool looks pretty cool , I don't have a compressor in my little garage but maybe I'll draw Grant ( Inertia ) in this years secret santa and get one for his shop .

if you are cleaning your plugs that often then you need to find the reason and fix it

sometimes the reason is a whole lot of cam mixed with a whole lot of city driving , every 2 or 3 months isn't too often and it gives me a chance to read them as well , how lazy would I have to be to not clean them before putting them back in once I pulled them to check them ?

PS the thread is about how you do it not how often , welcome to the board !

-
Back