Cleaning plugs

-

daredevil

Reaction score
Anyone else save their old plugs and hit them with the sand blaster and regap and reuse them. Running a big dominator on the street they foul sometimes and I aint gonna buy a new set everytime.Just curious.

We've been recycling plugs by blasting them on the race car for years. We have them gapped between .065 to .075 and sometimes coming back they get a little fouled. Plus the fact that plug prices are getting up there, it only makes sense.

I've been cleaning and re-gapping plugs for 40+ years. There is no need to replace them unless the porcelain is cracked or the electrodes are too worn down.

Actually I looked for quite a while and found this. In school we were taught how to clean and gap plugs, but nobody does it anymore. They just toss them and buy new. I sure was happy when I got this baby! :D

Attachments

• IMG_0454.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 119
Do it on the Harley all the time, I spray em w/ ether to get the gas out, usually you can do it 2 or 3 times.

Was wondering how many others did it.Little tidbit we can pass on to the younger guys to save them a few bucks.

-
Back