Clifford 6=8 package

-

Claydart

MOPAR to the very bones
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know about these intake/ header/ cam/ carb. kits? And do you think it would matter if somebody replaced the 4 bbl with a 2bbl carb ? I'm not sure but it seems to be starving for gas if I get on it. this is in my 64 dart GT.

They work quite well,really wakes up a slant.Yes many guys change the top plate on the intake to run a 2bbl.Or the 4bbl plate with a small carb,390-500 CFM for the street.I started with a 390 Holley then changed to a 500 AFB. My car liked the AFB better.

Don't buy directly from clifford. I hear they have a HORRIBLE reputation for customer service.

also check the cam. last time I looked at their site the only cam I saw listed was a hydraulic lifter cam.I don't know if it's compatible with solid lifters. Anyone?

I was lucky and never had any problems with Clifford. But I have heard bad things.Jack Clifford died several years ago and someone else took over.They closed their shop and the new owner now works out of his Garage.(so I've been told) and carries very little inventory in stock. Check out slantsix.org for more info and other options.

This set-up was in my car when I bought it, I'm thinking about putting the holley 4 bbl back on it. Like I said, the car feels like it wants more gas when I step on it.

also check the cam. last time I looked at their site the only cam I saw listed was a hydraulic lifter cam.I don't know if it's compatible with solid lifters. Anyone?
They arent and clifford had a bad habbit of selling us "solid lifter cams" and they were really actually hydraulic cams and then screwing people. Btw best way to get more performance is headwork and a distributor recurve.

-
Back