Clifford Slant 6 Valve Cover

-

HemiTM

Reaction score
This was given to me today. I was told it was a Slant 6 valve cover. Can anyone verify this for me?

And if it is for a Slant 6, is anyone interested in buying it?

Attachments

• IMG_1613.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,762
  • IMG_1615.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 845
  • IMG_1616.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 958
  • IMG_1617.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 841
  • IMG_1618.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 867
  • IMG_1614.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 842
Yes, slant six. Most people would prefer it to the factory stamped steel cover. Somebody still makes a similar cast aluminum valve cover (pricey). The "6=8" was a marketing logo for their 4 bbl manifold, which supposedly made the 6 have V-8 power. Of course, the valve cover wouldn't increase power, so must have been part of the kit. That intake would be even more valuable.

Don't get too excited. That ebag valve cover is way over priced.

... and it was polished at some point too (and that's a LOT of work). Your Clifford does seem to be in great shape and should really clean up nicely though! Somebody's going to get a good score if the price is right.

. Somebody still makes a similar cast aluminum valve cover (pricey).

The offenhauser valve cover is still available. I bought 1 as part of a group buy for around $140 last october, summit lists them at $200. But the offy does not have a provision for pcv which the clifford does have, so it isn't a perfect comparision.

The biggest advantages in my mind for the cast aluminum units are less valvetrain noise and a more rigid sealing surface for the valve cover gasket. I wish people would give me free cool stuff like that valve cover.

That cover is missing necessary baffle under PCV opening to prevent oil droplets being sucked up. It’s just eye candy, I wouldn’t bother with it.

-
Back