Clint's Truck

-

BoredandStroked

Reaction score
Finally! I got my baby home yesterday and started to clean her out and figure out what all I am going to do. Its a 97 Dodge 2500, 5.9 motor, 5 speed w/ granny gear, 4 wheel drive, bed liner, headers, and 140,000 miles on it. Orignially came from Washington state and its unbelieveable that there isnt a single rust spot on it. Heres some pics guys.

ea111c7c.jpg

ea111d0e.jpg

ea111bdd.jpg

Plans after I get money saved up is as follows:

New wheels and tires
3" dual exhaust
Brush guard
Head and Tail light covers
Roll Bar w/ lights
Chrome accessories
Performance parts but secert

New update, went to the store 30 minutes ago and a guy in a blue Mustang GT wanted to race me for slips after I was revving up the motor in the truck. I just smiled and left burning tires (what lil I have) from 2nd to 3rd up the hill.

Hey can you shed some light for me? I always heard that a granny gear was just a really low first gear used for towing, is this correct? And nice truck by the way! :)

ThogtheCaveman said:
Hey can you shed some light for me? I always heard that a granny gear was just a really low first gear used for towing, is this correct? And nice truck by the way! :)

Short answer..... Yes.

Very nice truck Clint! Since that's a 2500, I believe it has the Dana 60 rear axle. What gears do you have in the differentials?

I had a 2001 Ram 1500 OffRoadster with 4.11's and the 5.9 and averaged 14 MPG in the city and 17 on the highway. Have fun with it!

Ramcharger, its running the stock gears, what ever that may be. Dana 60 is a yes by the way.

ThogtheCaveman, yes, granny gear is a very low 1st gear in which I only use when pulling a steep hill from a stop or when trailering. I personal have driven 2 trucks, this one and my 79 Dodge D-200 with granny gears and its a good set up.

340DartSwinger, dont have a heart attack but I actually get 19 mpg, thats revving and showing off, now if I didnt yes it would be even better. Does do 100-150 feet tire spins very easy though, laying down the rubber.

Thanks for the comments guys and its the same at school, no one has said a bad thing about it except for the school cop in which we got into a heated arguement.

Nice truck, There should be a sticker on the inside of the glove box that tells you what gear ratio it has in it.

PS all Dodge trucks are awful on gas. My 3.9L Dakota gets 13mpg, The same as my 5.2L Cherokee.

That is a BRUT of a truck Clint. :toothy7:
Nice :thumbup:

Tires came with little tread, now it has less but not bald.

I get up to school 30 minutes before it starts and 20 minutes before the school cop gets there, so the boys always have some fun. Believe me I wrote my intials in that parking lot with the Blazers tires, I am just flat out writing my full name all over the parking lot with this baby.

And you wonder why the clutch is trashed.........................you Rookie

Clutch started slipping the day I drove it home, first few hills it pulled I noticed it. They wouldnt let me test drive more then 15 miles away from the place of business and in the city of Winchester VA, hills are none exsistant.

Besides you will see how a rookie blows the doors off of that wanna-be race car Lonnie.

-
Back