Close to stock 70 Swinger

-

Davidrad

Reaction score
Hi guys. My project is getting close to road ready. I have small bolt 5x4 14" rim with 4.5" in between the beads. The car came with rotted 195 75 14. I'm keeping my steelies until I upgrade brakes and everything else, but thats a few years off. I want to give it a rake but I have a steep driveway. Any ideas on sizes and experiences?

Hi guys. My project is getting close to road ready. I have small bolt 5x4 14" rim with 4.5" in between the beads. The car came with rotted 195 75 14. I'm keeping my steelies until I upgrade brakes and everything else, but thats a few years off. I want to give it a rake but I have a steep driveway. Any ideas on sizes and experiences?

I'll give it a shot. I had 205/70s on 14x5.5 steelies all the way around on my 71 Swinger. Unless someone else corrects me, I think you get away with that (or even a 65 series) with your 4.5 rims with a little sidewall bulging. For the fronts, you can consider 175-195/60-65/14. This is if you are trying to get a little raked stance from the tires. Also take into consideration that 14" tire options are continually shrinking and if you want to run the same style tire all they around, it will be tough. Also, aggressive patterns are getting tough to find as well in 14s. There are a few in the BF Goodrich Radial TA line but are expensive. You can also check with the more affordable Cooper Cobra Radials. GL

As mentioned...205/70-14 would be a great choice for your rims.

As far as rake. Put on a new set of leaf springs, and lower the front by adjusting the torsion bars.

Do you want white walls? White letters? Black walls?

I'm assuming with 14's you only care about the looks and not actual tire performance.

Here are my 2 recommendations.

BF Goodrich 37157

M&H Racemaster MSS002

-
Back