Closest race EVER

-

dusterbing the peace

FABO pyrite member
Reaction score
Running my tow rig (RAM 3500) since the Duster is down currently…he came around and backed into me, then gave it back!!! Look at the MOV in the lower left; calculates to 0.14”, or just over an eighth of an inch :eek:
1682787091958.jpeg

That's heart-breaker for the other guy....and a smile for you. I used to love sand-baggers, when I had my deadly consistent/slow car.

Hey how are you doing?

It is possible to have a dead heat (.000)
I had one thirty years ago with Ritchey Pauley
Cobra Jet in stock.
The computer will still pick a winner = Usually
the Faster car will get the win arrow.

Hey how are you doing?

It is possible to have a dead heat (.000)
I had one thirty years ago with Ritchey Pauley
Cobra Jet in stock.
The computer will still pick a winner = Usually
the Faster car will get the win arrow.
Doing pretty well, John! Pistons finally came in so waiting on machine shop to finish their work. Body work is slow and steady, might be hanging those doors in the next few weeks when the sheet metal is done. Hope you and jr are doing well!!!

That's heart-breaker for the other guy....and a smile for you. I used to love sand-baggers, when I had my deadly consistent/slow car.
Not sure how much he was holding; I certainly left him more to work with on the tree than I’d like to have :BangHead: getting used to the truck…rollout is a mile long on these tires (even deep staging like I’m doing)

Your bigger tires might just be what got him! When I used to go to Greer Dragway about every week, I had a 74 Dart Swinger, 318 2 barrel with 2.45 gears. It was very consistent at 10.80's every run. Sometimes the track would do a King of the hill at the end of the night if racing finished early enough. I won foot brake, so I was in the KOTH race with the other class winners. I made it to the finals and it was winner take all. I had to run a 4 second car....lol. I was almost at the finish line when he started...lol. I squeaked him about like you just did, and he was madder'n hell that he lost. If I'd have lost, it woulda been worth it just to watch him go by at about 140 mph!

Your bigger tires might just be what got him! When I used to go to Greer Dragway about every week, I had a 74 Dart Swinger, 318 2 barrel with 2.45 gears. It was very consistent at 10.80's every run. Sometimes the track would do a King of the hill at the end of the night if racing finished early enough. I won foot brake, so I was in the KOTH race with the other class winners. I made it to the finals and it was winner take all. I had to run a 4 second car....lol. I was almost at the finish line when he started...lol. I squeaked him about like you just did, and he was madder'n hell that he lost. If I'd have lost, it woulda been worth it just to watch him go by at about 140 mph!
That’s pretty cool!

-
Back