Clutch adjustment with Lakewod bellhousing

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience adjusting the clutch on a speed when using the 1 piece Lakewood bellhousing? Since there is no access panel like on a stock bell, how is the clutch adjustment performed or verified?

Has anyone had experience adjusting the clutch on a speed when using the 1 piece Lakewood bellhousing? Since there is no access panel like on a stock bell, how is the clutch adjustment performed or verified?
You can adjust the pressure on the clutch by adjustment rod (threaded)from the clutch fork.It,s how I adjust mine and it,s easy.It,s getting the fork on the throw out bearing that was the hard part on my lakewood bell housing,do to the small opening.Good Luck!

Are you trying to adjust the air gap on the disk itself or the throwout bearing to fingers gap?

I usually just adjust the rod so it just touches the diaphram/fingers and take it 1/2 turn back.

Keep an eye on the pivot bracket though, there's isn't an even stand on the bell for it to mount so it tends to bend/crack at the base when using a stiff clutch.

-
Back