Clutch break in

-

340sixpack

Reaction score
I have a Centerforce dual friction,has a note to break in for 500 miles?What have you guys done for break in?Does this mean i cant beat on it for 500 miles?I barely go that far in a summer!I know it needs time to seat itself but
that long?:dontknow:

I agree, I´m in the same situation.
Also got a new Centerforce DF clutch

Drive It Like You Stold It. Mine Got Better After A Few Passes Ath The Track. Dave

Drive the car like you normally drive it. I don't think the guys that race with those clutches break them in. 1/4 mile at a time maybe. lol

I was thinking the same thing for when i buy my clutch...if i really have to wait 500 miles before pouding on it im going to be pretty pissed- i mean that means i have to baby it for the whole summer i drive it, and i didnt build my mopar to drive it like a granny mobile

I put a Ram in mine. They told me no break in. Just run it like you would normally. I know I couldn't wait that long.

Fred B

Um I did the 500 foot break in procedure....at foot 501 I did the tire break loose procedure :) basically the same thing as new brake pads.... I just use them. I will say that it feels better after some miles are on it but I sure didn't baby it

POST 833 ....cool

so from what i can see, consensus here is that proper break in is use the cheapest power adder you got- your right foot... ? lol

I broke in my CF cluch the proper way: Slip your left foot off the left pedal @ 3,000 RPM and hammer your right foot to the floor once things start happening..... :toothy10:

http://media.putfile.com/CudaSmokeShow

** MAYBE **
Tomorrow I get new burn-out footage.

I broke in my CF cluch the proper way: Slip your left foot off the left pedal @ 3,000 RPM and hammer your right foot to the floor once things start happening..... :toothy10:

http://media.putfile.com/CudaSmokeShow

** MAYBE **
Tomorrow I get new burn-out footage.
I have the leaflet in front of me,and it states..Break-in.All centerforce clutches require a break in period of 450-500 miles of stop-and-go street driving before applying full engine power.This period is required to properly seat the disc with the pressure plate and flywheel.

When I installed mine,I put about 200 miles on mine before I started to race it at the trackNo problems so far.Giver s%&T!!!

I have the leaflet in front of me,and it states..Break-in.All centerforce clutches require a break in period of 450-500 miles of stop-and-go street driving before applying full engine power.This period is required to properly seat the disc with the pressure plate and flywheel.

When I installed mine,I put about 200 miles on mine before I started to race it at the trackNo problems so far.Giver s%&T!!!

Breakin in the engine too so i will be easy for a slight while.Good to here everyones on the same page atleast.Thanks for the input guys.

-
Back