Clutch fork HELP

-

340doc

Reaction score
Im gathering parts for a 4 spd conversion for my small block 71 Duster. I need a bellhousing fork. I know someone who has one but its from a small block from a B body. Does anyone know if there the same length?? Or can someone who has access to an A body fork give me a end to end measurement so I can compare. Thanks.

Thanks Rocky, good info. I'll keep looking but good to have a backup plan.

If you end up buying one from Brewers you need part # CF106R. Keep in mind that a lot of parts from manual trans slant six A-Bodies swap right over. The clutch linkage, torque shaft, clutch fork and boot, ballstud/bracket (had to shorten it), and even the flywheel bolts will work on a small block no problem. So the fork you need is in more than just small block A-Bodies with a 10.5" bellhousing. If someone is parting out a slant car with a manual trans you might be able to pick up a ton of stuff for not a ton of cash.

I'll just throw this in here because I know it gives a bunch of people problems.. if your crank isn't drilled for a pilot bushing just go to O'Reilly's and pick up a roller bearing, part # FC69907. Brewers carries these too but they're a $4 more plus shipping. It saved my bacon when the bushing wouldn't fit. Good luck on the swap, hope everything goes well!

If you end up buying one from Brewers you need part # CF106R. Keep in mind that a lot of parts from manual trans slant six A-Bodies swap right over. The clutch linkage, torque shaft, clutch fork and boot, ballstud/bracket (had to shorten it), and even the flywheel bolts will work on a small block no problem. So the fork you need is in more than just small block A-Bodies with a 10.5" bellhousing. If someone is parting out a slant car with a manual trans you might be able to pick up a ton of stuff for not a ton of cash.

I'll just throw this in here because I know it gives a bunch of people problems.. if your crank isn't drilled for a pilot bushing just go to O'Reilly's and pick up a roller bearing, part # FC69907. Brewers carries these too but they're a $4 more plus shipping. It saved my bacon when the bushing wouldn't fit. Good luck on the swap, hope everything goes well!
Thanks for the info, appreciate the help! Just scored a fork and an inspection cover at a mopar swap meet today. Both for $50.00, also a z-bar for $50.00, feeling good! Good info on the crank bearing, will keep that part #.

-
Back