clutch fork pivot

-

tyler_s18

k-member
Reaction score
any body have pics of the inside of their bellhousing? i need to see what ur clutch fork pivots on lol. mine jsut pivots on the housing itself and i dont like it and it dosent work lol

so ya if any one has pics of their bellhousing inside it would be appreciated

there is a pivot that is a sheet metal bracket that bolts to the inside of the bellhousing with two bolts. I will take a few pictures tomorrow if you don't get any by then.

In the mean time you could go to brewers performance website , I think they may have some pictures showing them.

Bob

ok cool. i got worried when i put it together cuz it looked like something like that lol. i will check them out and see thanks

these are what i found on brewers. are they correct?

pedel .jpg

ok. then anyone got one sittin around? the brewers one is $30 plus shipping lol. i will get it if no one comes up with a cheaper one lol

You've been asking about using OD & non-OD transmissions. The bell housing pivot & fork can be specific to each other. They can also depend on what trans you are going to use. It would be best to get your transmission, or at least decide for sure what transmission you're going to use, before you start rounding up parts. That way you won't end up with a bunch of mismatched pieces.

Danny and Wayne brewer are excellent people to deal with. I highly, highly recommend them. They know the manual transmission stuff better than you know the back side of your hand. Bought parts from them many times and will continue to do so.

There also is a spring clip that is rivited to the back side of the fork that slips through the hole in the bracket to hold the fork in place. The fork I originally had in my Barracuda had the spring clip broken off and when the engine torqued the fork would be pulled off the bracket and on occasion would hold the clutch partially released allowing it to slip for a split second or on the next shift it would take excessive force until the fork popped back into place.

If the clip is broken off do yourself a favor and get another one before you put the car back together.

-
Back