Clutch Linkage Spring Clips

-

DA4AD

Reaction score
Anyone know where you can get these spring clips besides on-line and waiting two weeks? I'm a little pissed that I can't drive the car because of a couple of $4.00 clips.
I am contemplating cutting off the ends and changing these out to heim joints thus eliminating the clip and play in the linkage. I have lots of hiem joints kicking around from newer Ski-Doo sleds I have parted out.
Anyone done this or is there a upgrade kit out there?

Frustrating isn't it. It will take time to order or get some from us. tmm

Yes, those are the little bastards. ordered six of e-bag already. Sorry

These are what I'm considering using.

Attachments

• IMG_00000021g.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 332
I'm sure some have used Heim joints for linkage but I don't know how good they work. The factory rods have slotted holes. A little play in each joint adds up to your pedal free play. tmm

Weld them up and re-file them.

I don't know why free-play matters on something that is mechanical, vs. hydraulic. I can understand wanting some confirmation on no action with a hydraulic unit, but a mechanical linkage should set itself out with some sort of spring, or springs, between what's at the dash and at the clutch. Most hydraulic pedals utilize fluid pressure to back off with no additional spring. I've seen some aftermarket brake pedals that use return springs, but very few systems require that or any free-play.

I'd go with the heim joint, but I like really responsive pedals.

You havent got the email I sent yet have you?
Was the clip missing? If so then someone messed with the zbar since I owned it.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 305
I cant remember how to telll if this is the right zbar for a 73 340 4sp....
Any input ? I plan on sending it to 4adad if it is correct.... After all he does now own my baby...and what good parent wouldnt do anything for thier child !...lol

Oh...you are referring to those...probably have them laying around too..but you are better off with new ones since they seem to loose thier tension.

Yee Haa!!!! :burnout:

Went out to the local auto wrecker today to look for spring clips and scored these two consoles, steering column for power steering/console shift and bucket seat track sliders!
The chrome on the two consoles is like brand new. They were sitting in his shed just waiting for me. all i need is an ash tray.
Anyway he told me about a local guy that restores old Mopar's and he was only two miles away. I drove down there and believe it or not he had a box of spring clips!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_00000097.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_00000096.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 265
Was the dash ashtray still in the car ? If not I might still have that in my garage....I remember seeing a black ashtray and never gave it much thought..

God score on the consoles... I have a perfect one from a partout of a 74 loaded slant 6 car...too bad I just finished putting new woodgrain on a really decent one..lol
Now I am in a quandry as to whether to get new woodgrain and use the perfect black console or just use the really nice one that I have already done..........

Was the dash ashtray still in the car ? If not I might still have that in my garage....I remember seeing a black ashtray and never gave it much thought..

God score on the consoles... I have a perfect one from a partout of a 74 loaded slant 6 car...too bad I just finished putting new woodgrain on a really decent one..lol
Now I am in a quandry as to whether to get new woodgrain and use the perfect black console or just use the really nice one that I have already done..........

The dash ashtray was not in the car. I picked one up from the junk yard and repainted it. I scooped these console up for $100.00 each! So that leaves me room to restore one. I think it's going to be tough to find the four speed shifter though.

-
Back