Clutch linkage

-

WEBBY

Reaction score
Ok I have a 1969 A-Body it will be a Big Block, 5 speed Passon Tranny, Moser Dana 60, I will be running the big tube TTI Headers on the stroker motor. I have a new Quick Time Bellhousing, Hyd or Mech, seems like headaches with headers and mech. Thanks Webby

Ok I have a 1969 A-Body it will be a Big Block, 5 speed Passon Tranny, Moser Dana 60, I will be running the big tube TTI Headers on the stroker motor. I have a new Quick Time Bellhousing, Hyd or Mech, seems like headaches with headers and mech. Thanks Webby
GOOD LUCK!
You'll get it, but it's been my experience that every time I use aftermarket parts I need two more aftermarket parts to make it work. I didn't see anything stock.

If you go mechanical, be sure to "blueprint" the linkage to ensure that all the joints between the parts are square to each other, so you don't get misalignment between the attaching of ends and the lever arms of the Z-bar and clutch pedal. For instance, the flat opening at the rod ends needs to sit completely flat on the Z-bar pivot.

I had to massage each joint by slowly bending either the rods or the Z-bar arms into perfect alignment. Once I did this, my linkage worked like the factory intended it to. I suffered with a problematic, less than ideal clutch linkage for years until I did this.

Also, synthetic disc brake grease is the ultimate lubricant to use on any parts that contact other parts. It last longer, lubricates better and won't attack rubber or plastic.

-
Back