-
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldDuster340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
My car is missing the clutch pedal safety switch that mounts on the pedal and is wired to the starter relay.
If you have one please let me know what you want for it.
I need it to complete my resto thanks.

It's better for the crank thrust bearing and clutch throw-out bearing if you don't have one and start the car in neutral/clutch out......

I see your point but it also cant be good if you started your car in gear by accident? The car never had one someone took it out many years ago, I will run with out it but thought if I could find one I would put it back in anyway.

I know I am going to need/want one also cause of the track. They did ask me once or twice "do you have a nuetral switch", got away with out it but one day they are going to not let me run. I know I think company In U.S Brewers I think sells them but they are not cheap D

Most Mopar manual trans cars did NOT have one, including cars built before AND after the one in question. After wasting a thrust bearing in the 80s on a 273 I will NEVER start another manual trans car with clutch disengaged.

My personal opinion is that if you can't manage a manual trans without one you should be driving an automatic. I also don't know what the NHRA rulebook says about manual trans safety switches, but the few times that I've had a manual trans car at the track it was not asked about (but the last time was in 2002). I'd sure have an argument on a stock car without one.

i have that switch,actually im just about to remove it from my 71 valiant 4dr 4spd if i could find the damn thing!b.t.w. nice duster!mine is a 71340 4spd 3.91 car ev2 with l6xv so orange on orange...im in manitoba

Most Mopar manual trans cars did NOT have one, including cars built before AND after the one in question. After wasting a thrust bearing in the 80s on a 273 I will NEVER start another manual trans car with clutch disengaged.

My personal opinion is that if you can't manage a manual trans without one you should be driving an automatic. I also don't know what the NHRA rulebook says about manual trans safety switches, but the few times that I've had a manual trans car at the track it was not asked about (but the last time was in 2002). I'd sure have an argument on a stock car without one.

Like i said i have driven the car for years without one so no probs there my car did have one cause the switch when closed grounds out the strater relay or becomes comon and my wire was cut and grouned to the body also marks still on the the clutch pedal.
I have found one now so thanks to all who replied 8)

i have that switch,actually im just about to remove it from my 71 valiant 4dr 4spd if i could find the damn thing!b.t.w. nice duster!mine is a 71340 4spd 3.91 car ev2 with l6xv so orange on orange...im in manitoba

Are you refering to mine thanks, your looks nice too always liked that color!
I need to get some new pics up the car is pretty much complete now just final tuning and decals this weeK :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back