Clutch Return Spring-Easy Question

-

clifftt

Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me remember where the outer end of the return spring is attached. Someone here must know!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 174
Like this? That doesn't seem right. Isn't it attached in the other direction?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 145
It's been 40 some years. It does not hook into the linkage hole There should be a notch or hole in the fork

My 70 duster has a slot on the TOP of the clutch fork where the spring sits in. The other end was hooked into a hole drilled into the ball stud bracket. I don't think that was the way it originally. I think the purpose is to keep the adjustable linkage from falling out of the clutch fork if there is too much play since there isn't a bolt on the end to keep it in. I put a stronger and longer spring in its place since I removed my over center spring and I needed more tension to pull my clutch up to give it some free play. Rog

Right you are!! I did not see that. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 141
................. I think the purpose is to keep the adjustable linkage from falling out of the clutch fork if there is too much play since there isn't a bolt on the end to keep it in.......

That, but mainly to pull the fork and TO away from the clutch fingers...................

Where it attaches on the fork...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 140
-
Back